Just... YAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I have been looking to get a puppy for several months now, and finally found a pup that needed to be rehomed. I *think* I am picking him up tomorrow, or Saturday. My oldest daughter asked for a puppy of her own for Christmas; we already have an 18 month old chocolate lab, Roxy. Now we'll be getting a 6 month old chocolate lab male, and already 50 pounds!!! He will be my daughter's (tho' I expect to be doing all the work!) and I thinks he'll be thrilled, and *I* am thrilled!!!

Here's a picture of him:
DogsXmas008.jpg

I will let my daughter name him. His current name is Benjamin but that's my 2 year old son's name! LOL!

And just because, this is my baby girl Roxy!
astralcon3.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Love labs! We had a beautiful choc lab Molly. Good luck - they are so much fun!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
jlyoncc1 said:
Love labs! We had a beautiful choc lab Molly. Good luck - they are so much fun!
I too am a lab lover. Your two are beautiful and I am sure you all will be thrilled to get him home. And like me your numbers just keep growing lol

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Okay I have to say, that top picture that the owner sent me... its cracking me up... look at the guy behind the puppy. It looks like he's leaning over and looking down at the floor. But then when you look down the "arm", there's a foot! ROFL! That must just be a dog butt in the picture!!! Great optical illusion!

Iluvemturts

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Central WI
Cute dog....he looks happy. We used to have a choc lab too.

Congrats:p........are you thinking of breeding ...down the road???

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Nope, not thinking of breeding. My girl is spayed, and I'll be getting him neutered. We go to the dog park soooo often, I don't need him getting jiggy with all the girlies there! :p

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Congrats! And have fun with all that lab energy:D

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Thanks again!

I picked him up yesterday and brought him home! My daughter LOVES him and is thrilled beyond words! And my dog Roxy LOVES him as well! They are already best buddies! A match made in heaven, I am soooooo excited!!!!

My daughter named him Sir Tigger La Roo! ROFL! He jumps and hops A LOT! (I'll have to work on that!) He's sooooo agile, if I ever have time I'd love to get him into agility or flyball when he's older, because he'd rock at it! Unlike my Roxy who can't walk through a doorway without tripping herself or running into the doorframe! LOL!

He's a big cuddle bear, too! He needs a little training as far as not jumping on people, not taking off your entire hand when getting a treat, and the basics of "sit", etc. But he's totally house trained, and paws at the door to go out! YAY for that, because Roxy still has issues with this. She won't tell me when she has to go, so if I don't take her out enough she'll just pee on the kitchen floor. Argh!

Anyways, we're quite happy with the new pup!!!

;~) Kelly

PS haven't tackled any GOOD pics yet because the pups are so hyper together still, but I was able to snap SOMETHING that didn't look like two blurs when they were begging for a scrap at suppertime. (Tigger's on the right.)
103_3259.jpg

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Very cute!!!! Congrats.

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Awwwww They look so happy together!! Congrats on the new addition!! I LOVE LABS!!!:D

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I actually got them to both sit on command... at the SAME time! Woohoo! LOL!
102_3811.jpg

And here is an exhausted Tigger last night...
103_3275.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
A chocolate lover's paradise...lots of chocolates with no calories!:D:D

They are beautiful and should make life energectic for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.