Juvenile Russian tortoise care tips

olivervw

Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
hello, i am soon getting a juvenile tortoise at the end of august and have been looking into information about caring for a tortoise that is under 4" and if there are any major differences between the needs of mature or young tortoises. the best resource I have found with information pertaining specifically to juveniles is this http://tortaddiction.blogspot.com/2014/12/baby-russian-tortoise-care-sheet-also.html can anyone give any input as to wether this information is correct. this is the first time i have seen the "hot humid hide" before, has anyone else used this method? links to any other resources that have information that have information about caring for the first few years or so would be appriciated.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Spokane Valley WA
I just skimmed the care guide you attached. I am not a fan of top soil, moss or humidifiers, but it looked like a pretty good guide. For Russians bigger enclosures are better. Welcome to the forum, and congrats on getting a tortoise. After you read the care guide here, ask any questions you have.