K.Nogueyi viv - nearly done, work in progress!

bexhex

As I had lots of advice from this forum (thank you!) I thought I would share my western hingebacks viv. I still have some stuff to add, including a more natural looking water dish and feeding area, so I've taken those out for the pictures.

What do you think? It's 5ft by 2ft, 5% arcadia forest T8 UV and 150 watt ceramic bulb (high wattage as big viv and the room gets very cold at night.). I'll also be getting a combined mercury vapour bulb and clamp lamp for when she is free roaming in the conservatory.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Nice! (But I'm not a fan of the coco coir. Too messy for my taste, plus the stuff I bought had lots of strings in it that I worried would get wound up inside the tortoise)

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Very nice. I use coco coir and keep it moist so its packed down. I just pack it with my hand. I don't find it messy with my little ones. I put coco husk on top of coir for my big ones though to help with the messiness. Your enclosure is very pretty.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I like that sliding glass front and the fact that the lights are inside! I have a similar substrate in my closed chamber and I've placed a layer of potting soil over it. The Fiberous material can stay damp and the soil will remain dry.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Wow, very nice! I don't have issue with coir, but it's up to you! I agree, the sliding panel will be sooo nice. Careful, though, when misting, to not spray the lights :confused: