Kame the Radaiated Tortoise

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Long Island, New York
I decided to start a thread that I will update frequently of my radiated tortoise, Kame. I will start with a few pictures I took today on 4-24-14. Kame refused to let go of this piece of romaine lettuce, so I just let it stay in his/her mouth.
ATTACH=full]77619[/ATTACH] _DSC1582.JPG _DSC1587.JPG _DSC1590.JPG _DSC1594.JPG _DSC1600.jpg _DSC1601.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC1581.jpg
    _DSC1581.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 65

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very beautiful rads. Just beautiful.

How about add the measurement or the weight and size every time you update? So we know how Kame grow?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Great idea! Any suggestions on a good scale? I will take a measurement of length later today.

There are many kitchen scale you can find on Amazon.com are suitable for measure the weight of young Kame. When S/he become big, then you may need a bigger one.

litaiyuang

5 Year Member
Here's an update on Kame's weight on 4-27-14 Kame weighed 114g now on Cinco de Mayo 2014 Kame weighs 125gView attachment 78969View attachment 78970

Looking good! Glad the little guy get to enjoy all that scenery with you. I assume he/she's inside most of the time. I can't wait until it stays above the mid50s overnight so I can keep mine out on the deck to enjoy the real sun.

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Long Island, New York
Looking good! Glad the little guy get to enjoy all that scenery with you. I assume he/she's inside most of the time. I can't wait until it stays above the mid50s overnight so I can keep mine out on the deck to enjoy the real sun.

I live in Long Island, NY so the temps during the day are towards the high 60's so I leave the tortoises in the sunniest spots during the day for then to bask and roam. When I get home I bring the inside so the don't freeze. I have a nice protected pens for the tortoises so the predators can't get them and I am firing the gardeners ASAP.

ben32hayt

5 Year Member
Long Island, New York
Hi I weighed Kame today on 06/19/14 and Kame weighed only 121g. I think I am going to have to start feeding him/her more than I already do.