Kane heat mat for my dog?? I no right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Does anyone use this brand for their dog? We have a seven month old bloodhound and want a heat mat for her doghouse for the winter. If you no of a better one please let me know.

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I will ask the person I know with outdoor kennels what kind of heat mats she uses, I have no idea... All I know is that it is shaped to fit perfectly inside the igloo

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
look at Stanfield too. Pig Blankets.. same thing, but might be cheaper. Pet stuff is $$ livestock stuff tends to be cheaper.. but its a must that you get a thermostat with it...

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks FLT and Laura. I have Stanfield mats for my torts. I just was wondering if Kane was better for the dog.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have family in Ohio. Uncle Tom has a "hunting" dog that lives outside. He got a big super insulated doghouse with a Kane mat in it, and he's got one of those electric anti-freezing water bowls too.

This has worked for them for years.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
Thanks Tom. I wish Maizy could be an inside dog but her big tail has already broken a couple things and she chewed on the doorframe. We have a shed that we are going to put her doghouse inside. She has the run of the yard and loves to dig. If you have any advise on how to stop the digging I would love to hear it. I think I will try the Kane mat and see for myself the witch one I like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.