Kang and Rue

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I soaked Clark again tonight in sterilised water. He was moving around, the only thing is that he has not eaten. But I expect that, that is probably from the trauma. I will only start worrying about it if it carries on too long. But in the meantime, I am keeping a close eye on him.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I soaked Clark again tonight in sterilised water. He was moving around, the only thing is that he has not eaten. But I expect that, that is probably from the trauma. I will only start worrying about it if it carries on too long. But in the meantime, I am keeping a close eye on him.
How about a bit of antibiotic cream for a few days?

And is he protected from flies?

Just thoughts popping into my head...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So Clark this morning drank lots of water while he was soaking, which I am taking as a good sign. He still has not eaten yet, but I am putting fresh food out for him nonetheless in case he gets his appetite back. Then i have mixed betadine, healing cream and an over the counter anti-biotic cream together and i am applying it in the morning and evening after his soak. Because it is a dog bite, although I did clean his shell wounds I don't want to take a chance of infection setting in. I have also taken burn gel pads, cut small pieces, big enough to fit over the damaged area and I leave that on during the day. That way there is no chance of bacteria setting in, and his shell can heal nicely. This morning he was a lot more lively in his soak, although he does get tired and is sleeping a lot. I will take photos again tonight.

Bee62

Germany
Now I read what happend. I am sorry that you lost your beautiful Kang and I am wishing Clark all the best for a complete recovery. I am sorry you had to go through these rough times.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Scooby Doo, got into my outside enclosure. He is not allowed in the front garden, however the front door was left open and he went into the front. He got a hold of Clark and had chewed him before I noticed that he was in the front. I have put Clark in a empty enclosure inside. It has a CHE for heat, a towel for something to line the bottom, water, food and a UVB light. I have cleaned Clark in warm water with betadine in, to clean his wounds and put some healing cream on them. Thankfully it was only Clarks shell which has been hurt. Although that is bad enough. But I will be keeping him on his own for a while until he heals.
The person who left the front door open this morning got into huge trouble and I have reminded the whole family again about the rules concerning the dogs going into the front garden.View attachment 270861View attachment 270862View attachment 270864

Oh dear. I’m only now reading this. :(

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Sending you a huge electronic hug. Hope Clark recovers quickly. [emoji173]️
That boy Scooby is a handful...
He is a naughty little bugger. But I cannot blame him, as he is only doing what dogs do. And the fact that he comes from the streets originally, he is who he is. He is such a sweet dog and I love him to bits. He just ... well as you said, he is a handful. Shame, he knows that he was naughty, as I regulated him to the side of the house for a hour or two and when I finally let him back inside the house, he was trying very hard to get back in my good books.