Kang and Rue

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
How cute, like king of the mountain.
She is the queen for now[emoji6] that is until she proves me wrong. But I was completely surprised to see that. As it is the first time that she has done that. And as Bambam mentioned she looked very proud of herself. Now I just have to worry all the time that she might flip herself. What I have done now though is to add more bark around that pot to raise the level so that if she really wants to go there she can get down easily as well.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Queen of the mountain has a pretty good ring to it too. Good idea on adding the bark, you definitely don't want that pretty girl to flip over.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So Rue has decided that she likes the view from the top. After her soak last night I put them back on their respective eating plates. I walk away and then go back a few minutes later. Rue turns around charges up to the high view. Now you need to picture it. I have the window/door open and have my head quite close to the spot. Anyway Rue charges up and is now close to me. So I say "Hmmm Rue I see you like being Queen of the mountain do you? " and Rue turns her head gives me a look as if to say " What DO you think...Duh!! Silly human" and that was that. She turns around and goes back down. Sigh the intricacies of tort politics![emoji19]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I put Rue back in her enclosure after their soak and turned around to get my camera turned back and there she was. Sigh. Will have to be quicker next time as this is turning into her nightly ritual.

Love the “villain” soundtrack in the background as Rue surveys her territory! [emoji23]
Still no sight of my card, right? :/

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Your torts are precious! Your so lucky to live in their native land.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I wasn't going to post pictures for a while. However when soaking my babies I noticed that Kang now looks bigger than Rue. Rue is now 1 yr and 1 month old. Whereas Kang is only 3 months old. Rue weighed 170g today and Kang weighed 174g. Is it because I started raising Rue in dry conditions that she is not growing as fast as Kang? Rue is at the top and Kang in the corner.
@Tom, @Sterant , @kingsley and @ChrisHermanni I would really appreciate some advice please. 20180623_210423.jpeg