Kang and Rue

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
And that's why we call him Scooby Doo. View attachment 271154View attachment 271155
Well, he is a perfect match to his namesake!

He is also very difficult to chide. I mean, how could anyone become miffed at a face like that?

So I have told him that despite your weather cooling off, there will be no rides in the car for one month.

Anyone else have a suitable chastisement for "Bad Dog"?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, he is a perfect match to his namesake!

He is also very difficult to chide. I mean, how could anyone become miffed at a face like that?

So I have told him that despite your weather cooling off, there will be no rides in the car for one month.

Anyone else have a suitable chastisement for "Bad Dog"?
Thank you Karen. Hopefully he will listen to you.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Awww ... Carol, I just read this about Clark... I’m happy to keep reading that he is already much improved. You need a break Lady!!! I’d send you some Lindt but it will melt before it gets out of the States[emoji31]..

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Awww ... Carol, I just read this about Clark... I’m happy to keep reading that he is already much improved. You need a break Lady!!! I’d send you some Lindt but it will melt before it gets out of the States[emoji31]..
Thank you Heather. Clark seems to be doing better. You can eat the Lindt on my behalf. Just think of me when you do. [emoji6] I am sure I will enjoy it via you. [emoji23]

AngieMac

5 Year Member
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi Everybody,

It is with great sadness, that I write this. Kang did not make it. I went back home at lunch time and he was completely still and would not move. I will not be on here a for a few days and as I need to grieve for him. I have no idea why he has died. I am sorry I just cannot do this for a while. I will see you when I feel that I can be okay and think rationally again. But his death has hit me extremely hard. Until later.
Oh Carol. I am so so heartbroken for you. I've just read your thread. I hope you are doing a little better. Big hugs xxx

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Little ones are back inside with some nice and juicy weeds. Clover, dandelion and hen & chick weeds. However it seems that they ate their full outside already. Rue after her soak went straight to bed but Harry first had a little snack. Clark is still in his hospital room. I don't want to put him back until his shell has healed nicely. I am too worried that if I put him back too early he will get an infection. Screenshot_20190505-174619_Yoosee.jpeg

TortillaTheTortioise

N/A
Little ones are back inside with some nice and juicy weeds. Clover, dandelion and hen & chick weeds. However it seems that they ate their full outside already. Rue after her soak went straight to bed but Harry first had a little snack. Clark is still in his hospital room. I don't want to put him back until his shell has healed nicely. I am too worried that if I put him back too early he will get an infection. View attachment 271462

What do u use to help keep it clean at the moment?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
What do u use to help keep it clean at the moment?
My enclosure? I have earth worms in there. I have put one or two pill bugs which I find in the garden in there as well and they all do the job of being the clean up crew and then I spot clean all the time as well. I will however sometimes mix the poop and left over food into the soil for the earthworms to eat. I am creating a bioactive enclosure. Since I did that I have not had to change the substrate nor do I get a smell other than a humid earthy smell.

TortillaTheTortioise

N/A
My enclosure? I have earth worms in there. I have put one or two pill bugs which I find in the garden in there as well and they all do the job of being the clean up crew and then I spot clean all the time as well. I will however sometimes mix the poop and left over food into the soil for the earthworms to eat. I am creating a bioactive enclosure. Since I did that I have not had to change the substrate nor do I get a smell other than a humid earthy smell.

I had a grub in the enclosure not sure where it went, I don't think they clean anything but I just kept it in lol I actually think I should look for it

I also had lady bugs to eat the aphids but they escaped and I found them all over my room :D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I had a grub in the enclosure not sure where it went, I don't think they clean anything but I just kept it in lol I actually think I should look for it

I also had lady bugs to eat the aphids but they escaped and I found them all over my room :D
Lol. I have only put in the pill bugs and earth worms. On occasion there has been millipedes in there.