1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Kapidolo Farms Review

Discussion in 'Tortoise Vendor Reviews' started by Trinh, Nov 15, 2016.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Trinh

Trinh New Member

Approximately a month ago, I acted as the middle man between Will and a friend of mine who was new to tortoises. We bought a leopard tortoise from Will of Kapidolo Farms, and the entire transaction went smoothly. Will kept us up to date with the process, including tracking the tortoise himself. A delay came up with the post office, and Will immediately called me to make sure I was also aware of the situation. Despite this, the tortoise came on time, packed safely and neatly in moist sphagnum moss. The hatching was also active, had an extremely smooth shell, bright-eyed, and eating out of the box. I'm not at all surprised that the hatchling was so healthy considering the level of care Will puts into tortoise keeping, as well as the knowledge he draws from.

Will is also one breeder who keeps his hatchlings in a hot and humid, closed chambered environment, which I highly advocate. I would not hesitate to buy from Will if I were a first time buyer, and I'm sure I'll end up doing business with him again.

Kapidolo Farms Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KapidoloFarms/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf
  2. Mbchs

Mbchs New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Charleston, SC
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    This is good to hear! I just ordered a leopard baby from there myself this week.
    Kapidolo Farms likes this.
  3. Mbchs

Mbchs New Member

Charleston, SC
    The baby arrived safe and sound this morning! It is beautiful!
    IMG_2282.JPG
    Ray--Opo, Brit G, Jay Bagley and 5 others like this.
  4. Kapidolo Farms

Kapidolo Farms Well-Known Member 5 Year Member Platinum Tortoise Club Tortoise Club

South of Southern California, but not Mexico
    I just saw this, Thank you much for sharing your experience.
    Mbchs likes this.
  5. CarneAsada

CarneAsada Member

Midwest
    I just ordered and received an Indian star tortoise from Will, truly a stress free process! Will is super knowledgeable and was willing to answer all of my questions, he made delivery date changes quickly and always responded promptly. I would hands down recommend him to anyone in search of their next tort. I will most certainly be in touch when I add to the group.
  6. SPILL

SPILL Active Member

Illinois
    I received my first order of food supply from Kapidolo yesterday. Quick turn around time and everything was exactly as described. I try to buy local but his prices can't be beat. He even threw in a couple extra sample items. I really like the way he puts feeding tips on the bags for each individual item. Will surely be ordering again in the future.
  7. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    I also have received food items from @Kapidolo Farms . I had never previously used dried food items as a garnish or top dressing for my fresh food, but when I added the rose petals from Will, you could almost see the tortoises smiling!
  8. ShirleyTX

ShirleyTX Active Member

Canyon Lake TX USA
    Food items from Kapidolo Farms can't be beat. Fresh, uniformly processed, aromatic, and packed with instructions on how to feed. Great source for dried plants!!!