KBB or KN?

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
What do you guys make of this girl?(not mine, but thinking of helping someone's breeding project of KBB in return for them helping me with an erosa, who may have been the one that laid SUCCESSFULLY INCUBATED eggs last year for him) She has 5 claws on her front feet, which makes me think KBB. She's LTC, about 60 years.
She's the first picture on the advert:
http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/110835969/old-pair-of-bells-hinge-backs.html
The plastron picture is attached.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 15932427-994-160x120.jpg
    15932427-994-160x120.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 17

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Nogyeui. Belliana Belliana are shaped different and have really light heads(more similar to the zombensis)Sometimes Nogyeui will represent 5 claws too. Head color, beak, and shape is best determining factor. Belliana Belliana also don't oblong flatten like the Nogyeui do either towards the 5th and 6th vertebral scutes where the hinge starts. I'll get a side profile of Belliana Belliana today and show you better of what I'm meaning.

Belliana Belliana on left Nogyeui on right
image.jpg

image.jpg

Belliana Belliana head
image.jpg

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks-shame really.
Belliana Belliana are very very difficult to find, even here in the US. The ones that are here were just on the outskirts of the range overlap. Most BB were exporters from Uganda, Mozambique, Somalia, and southern Sudan in the 60-80s so not many of are around.