Keep your torts warm tonight, Cali!

thatrebecca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, CA
Finally a hint of fall has arrived here in LA! Woo hoo! How are everybody's torts taking the sudden weather change?

I'm happier about this cool, damp weather than my torts are. Tonight is the first night since April that I've moved my CDTs to their indoor night boxes, as we're expecting lows in the 40s. Their indoor boxes will be around 60 tonight. Still cold but good sleeping weather for a couple of juveniles who will be brumating soon.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Are you nuts:p. Funny, seems most people want what they don't get much of. I hate fall and cooler temps coming, well not coming, they are here for us, means months of cold and snow:mad:. While you living in CA are happy that fall and cooler temps have arrived:confused:
The last two days and the next two days are beautiful warm low 70's and we are cherishing every second of it:D cuz then the cold is coming back:mad:

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Yeah, my sulcata isn't a fan. I live in the central valley and it has been getting a little chilly here as well. Dexter hasn't been coming out of his heated house very much, not even to eat! I brought him out and he ate some mazuri and graze on grass.

RayRay

5 Year Member
central texas
I hate the cold I get cold in ac, I think when I get my own place it will have to be further south lol.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I'm very anemic due to dialysis so I get very very cold very very easily. I prefer swamp cooler to air conditioning. for the tortoises in California it's not only cold but its wet due to the rain that's always a bad combo

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Oli and I both hate cold weather AND love HOT Summer days. No Autumn, no Spring here......desert climate.:(