keeping green sea turtle as pets

Mohsin khan

Location (City and/or State)
karachi,pakistan
i live in pakistan and here grean sea turtle new hatchling aare being sold in pet shops and i have bought two of them i know its illegal but i sure want to save them so i need help to keep them i want afdvice for what to feed them and the best enclosure here in pakistan they are kept in fresh water although there sea tutle i have kept them in a large cubical bucket with sand substrate and a filter with fresh water

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 131

TortoiseRacket

New York
I’m sorry, I don’t know any thing about sea turtles- but you HAVE to call the sherif or police.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Nobody here is going to give you advice on something illegal, Sorry.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I hope this is a joke. If not you need to turn these pet stores and people into the authorities! NOW!!! You can not keep this turtle. You must find an organization that you can turn them over too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not to be rude, but he isn’t trying to do something illegal, and we have to help this turtle! There is no saying if this is a joke, but we can’t just let a turtle die because it is “illegal”!
It is illegal for the OP to have bought the turtles. Its illegal to own them. They need to turn them over to the proper authorities and to turn the pet stores in to authorities also.

Pop6

LINCOLN
Please hand them over to the proper authorities you can not keep 2 green sea turtles one of the biggest in the world they can get up to 700pound and I'm sure you don't have the sea in your back garden you can't care for them like they need to be cared for at home I'm totally shocked..

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not sure what your point is. There is no reason one can't turn the people in and the turtles over!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Take the turtles to where you think they were taken from and let them go. Let Mother Nature take care of them or not. Your just going to give them a slow death. They are not fresh water turtles as you know, yet you have them in fresh water.

Pop6

LINCOLN
Not sure what my point is!! My point is that he can not keep them and in what part did I say for him not to turn the people in and the shop. Read my comment again.

Pop6

LINCOLN
And who would not be shocked people are selling and buying green sea turtles should have never of brought them and reported the shop ASAP.

Melis

Maryland
Not sure what my point is!! My point is that he can not keep them and in what part did I say for him not to turn the people in and the shop. Read my comment again.
@wellington was responding to the comment before you made by tripod. She is in agreement that this is very wrong.

TortoiseRacket

New York
I think there is much too much anger going around on this thread. I’m guessing this is a joke, because there was no response from this person, and how long could a sea turtle live in fresh water?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I was responding to tripod. Not sure why it didn't show up the way it was suppose too.