Keeping my Russian tortoise warm at night.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
The CHE you added should raise basking area temp up closer to 95f. Is that better now?

It is a bit small, but you can work on something for Spring, even an outside area, even if for days only.

ictteacher

5 Year Member
the temp under the light is 97.3f when it is on so I thing that's good for co co. With the enclosure outside thing. I did start making one but by the time I got all the material together it was starting to get colder so I stop. I ImageUploadedByTortForum1384981214.583562.jpg

This is the space I can work with

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Your current indoor basking area sounds fine now. Hopefully your tortoise will be happier with it.

That outdoor area looks very promising. I guess you would want some bird netting/screens over it (not smaller than 1/2" so UV can get in), but otherwise, very good potential.
Does it have a drainage hole somewhere so it won't flood in the rain?

Tortoise with a view!

ictteacher

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1386802820.453255.jpg

Coco new extended enclosure with heat lamp and sun lamp. What do you think guys. Any ideas on to how she can enjoy her new space???

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
If you can get a small piece of wood (relatively bug free) and lay it across the hide at a slant, she will have to climb over it. If it is propped up on the wall, she can climb over and under.
They do like to climb!

ictteacher

5 Year Member
lynnedit said:
If you can get a small piece of wood (relatively bug free) and lay it across the hide at a slant, she will have to climb over it. If it is propped up on the wall, she can climb over and under.
They do like to climb!

Thanks lynnedit

I've just found a log a few days ago that I've trying to dry out. I'll leave it a few day and start building the assault course on the weekend. I'll post pictures then.