Keeping the tort bath water warm

pikkutassu

Location (City and/or State)
Helsinki
How do you guys keep the water of the tortoise's bath warm enough for 20 to 30 mins? Do you bathe them in the sink without the plug with warm water running? I personally monitor the warmth in the bath bowl and switch it to a new warm water when it's too cold.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
How do you guys keep the water of the tortoise's bath warm enough for 20 to 30 mins? Do you bathe them in the sink without the plug with warm water running? I personally monitor the warmth in the bath bowl and switch it to a new warm water when it's too cold.
I soak mine inside his warm enclosure

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I have too many tortoises to soak in the sink. I use several tubs and simply change the water when it cools down to the low 80°s. By then they have pooped in the water and it needs changing anyway. I start with water that is 97° or so. In summer I change water 1-2 times in a 60 minute soak. In winter that can be 3 times.

Agathaade

Los Angeles
I bathe my baby in a dedicated old ceramic crock that sits inside a bigger plastic tub full of warm water (about 100f). That warm water gently heats the crock, and that prevents heat from escaping the soak water.
I switch out the water once after she poops.
The water I pour in the crock is usually 93-95f and goes down 3 degrees, sometimes less, over the course of 15mn. It’s a pretty stable temp.
(I don’t use my sink bc of salmonella, plus the rest of my family uses it at that time too)

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
I have 2 plastic washing up bowls side by side. I prep one with correct temp and depth and then they go it. I have a water proof thermostat in the water to check temps. I then prep the next bowl and move them over. The water is normally dirty after 10 mins so needs a change and then I prep the empty bowl for a last bath before going back into the the enclosure with fresh food and water. It is so easy and I find it very rewarding when done.

pikkutassu

Helsinki
I bathe my baby in a dedicated old ceramic crock that sits inside a bigger plastic tub full of warm water (about 100f). That warm water gently heats the crock, and that prevents heat from escaping the soak water.
I switch out the water once after she poops.
The water I pour in the crock is usually 93-95f and goes down 3 degrees, sometimes less, over the course of 15mn. It’s a pretty stable temp.
(I don’t use my sink bc of salmonella, plus the rest of my family uses it at that time too)

I have a ceramic bowl and the double tub seems like a very good idea!! Thanks 4 the tip, I will try this method ☝️??