Keeping your tortoise cool during the hot spells of summer... For cheap!

DawnH

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southeast Texas
I thought I would share...

Along with plenty of deep shade and loads of fresh water, I highly recommend recommend the Cobra Mistand from Home Depot to help with this brutal heat. They are only 10 bucks each. I purchased four of them almost 5 years ago and they're still going strong. They cool off our hens, Tuleo (our Sulcata) the kids - you name it! The best part is that it requires very little water pressure. I have not seen these in a few years at our local Home Depot but they DO offer free shipping to the store on this product. You would just need to enter your zip code to find out if your store is participating.

I hope this helps some of you looking for solutions to beating the heat!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-Cobra-Mistand-10057W/100373188#product_description

mister1.jpg

mister.jpg

mister2.jpg

Last edited:

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Genius. Right now I'm using a milk jug as a drip system and misting with a bottle obsessively. This seems far more productive.

Razan

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
Ooooh ooooh gotta get one of those ! Sherman will be happy to get some misting on these hot hot dry days. Thanks for posting this.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Genius. Right now I'm using a milk jug as a drip system and misting with a bottle obsessively. This seems far more productive.

lol. We have five kids, two foster kiddos, three dogs, two cats, chickens, tortoise, cockatiel, ferret, fish - I am all about making my life easier while giving my zoo what they need. I got tired of hosing down the hens and came up with this. I have one on a timer and I love how I don't have to hover and stress over the heat. When our dogs go outside to do their business they head straight for the area the misters are in...lol