Kind of a different question—plants, decor and hides for a bigger Russian tort?

Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
my enclosure is pretty sparse. Delilah isn’t a shy girl by any means but I’m afraid she’s bored, and can’t hide well (if she ever wants to). I have enough sub for her to pretty much dig and cover herself when she wants to, but I’m afraid that’s not enough.

I’m thinking of some plants first off—either ones she won’t eat (??) or will be safe to eat. I’ve been told many succulents are good. I’m afraid though if I do get them they’ll be covered in pesticides... it’s also dead winter here in Chicago, so not much plants to buy unless they’re indoor plants from Home Depot.

I bought the largest possible half log for her but she’s just too big for it. She’s about 9” long from front to back of shell, she’s a big big girl for a Russian.

Anyone have any cool ways to spice up an enclosure? She has a lot of space (enclosure is about 8’ by 4’). Anything DIY or cheap too is helpful!

xMario

Germany
my enclosure is pretty sparse. Delilah isn’t a shy girl by any means but I’m afraid she’s bored, and can’t hide well (if she ever wants to). I have enough sub for her to pretty much dig and cover herself when she wants to, but I’m afraid that’s not enough.

I’m thinking of some plants first off—either ones she won’t eat (??) or will be safe to eat. I’ve been told many succulents are good. I’m afraid though if I do get them they’ll be covered in pesticides... it’s also dead winter here in Chicago, so not much plants to buy unless they’re indoor plants from Home Depot.

I bought the largest possible half log for her but she’s just too big for it. She’s about 9” long from front to back of shell, she’s a big big girl for a Russian.

Anyone have any cool ways to spice up an enclosure? She has a lot of space (enclosure is about 8’ by 4’). Anything DIY or cheap too is helpful!
Just use ur creativity the picture shows the enclosure of my sulcata before I changed it but just for some inspiration 20181228_061337.jpeg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Spider plants are great for cover, spread, and even the occasional nibble or two

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
Just be aware, any plantsyou buy from the stores have likely been treated with pesticides. You will have to totally change the dirt out and then still not use it for about 6 months. Then only let them eat the new growth.