Kinixys Belliana Belliana US Pricing?

Meagan Shea

I have an opportunity to purchase 2 k.b.belliana hatchlings for $1400, At $700 each is that a fair price for them in the U.S. ?

Thanks

turtlemanfla88

Do you know this person you are buying them from? Are you buying them in person?. Do you have experience with hinge backs?. Bell's have Not been able to be imported just like Sulcatas and Leopards because of the ticks for years. I do not know what your experience is with Kinixys?. Kelly and Benjamin should be able to help you out.

Meagan Shea

Yes I do, I'm buying them locally (in person) from a very respected keeper in the turtle/tortoise community, they are cb/ch. I was just wanting to make sure it's as fair of a price as I think it is as this is a very important investment for me. They are not sold in the U.S. very often and it's not the kind of information I can find myself. Thank you for your response,

Also very sorry for my typo! I don't think I can edit the title of the post (I'm new to this forum) but I know that it's * Kinixys *

turtlemanfla88

Good luck I would try to get in contact with Tortadise Kelly and Benjamin. That is great you. Found captive born animals. I think the price is good.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Depends if they're true belliana belliana. If they're nogueyi that's quite steep for babies. Very steep actually. They are indeed somewhat difficult to find. But if they're true belliana belliana than yes. But to validate that you will need to see tha adults.

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes I do, I'm buying them locally (in person) from a very respected keeper in the turtle/tortoise community, they are cb/ch. I was just wanting to make sure it's as fair of a price as I think it is as this is a very important investment for me. They are not sold in the U.S. very often and it's not the kind of information I can find myself. Thank you for your response,

Also very sorry for my typo! I don't think I can edit the title of the post (I'm new to this forum) but I know that it's * Kinixys *
Fixed the thread title for you.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Unless you have an unlimited supply of money that price is beyond ridiculous! $175 apiece is closer to reasonable by a long shot. These guys sound like the ripoff artists from Las Vegas that want to triple the price of everything they sell beyond what should be a reasonably fair price. Don't encourage price gouging from your local source by bowing to their demand.