Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't have my speakers hooked up because they buzz and drive me crazy, so I couldn't listen to the story, but that last shot of the tortoise by the built-in pool was a little scary. Nice-looking sulcata, huh?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Kinda cool. The newspeople behind the desk sounded like they were trying to lean toward one of those "Fatal Attraction" type things. The main story didn't though.

I'll never understand when people say they didn't understand the level of responsibility, work or maintenance. Or how big it will get. I know it happens all the time, I just don't get it. I always have wanted to learn all about any animal before I get one. I've been researching Hermann's for about 6 months now and still don't have any.

Thanks for the link Jacqui.

NEtorts

10 Year Member!
North East
good looking tort... seems like a good temperment, YA!!! the pool scared me to but he must not step over the edge....... it looked like he had to climb stairs to get into his house???? hmmm I guess they probably could handle a couple stairs... I have never tried it...looks like he is well cared for though... good for them, nice story

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
It said the content is currently not available. I'm wondering, is this just a veiled message saying this video can't be watched in Canada? :(

jsphr90

5 Year Member
Whats with the gigantic cheeseburger on the desk? lol

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Nice looking tort, diet could use some work, it would also be cheaper for them. Sorry canada it worked fine for me.

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
He looks good considering it doesn't seem he has had the best diet or living conditions. And I don't get the wife taking the tortoise for a walk, what happens when they are two blocks away and the husband isn't around to carry the 85 pound tortoise back home? haha

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tom said:
I'll never understand when people say they didn't understand the level of responsibility, work or maintenance. Or how big it will get. I know it happens all the time, I just don't get it. I always have wanted to learn all about any animal before I get one. I've been researching Hermann's for about 6 months now and still don't have any.

Tom when I watched it this morning, what I thought the owner was saying was that she "knew" it would get big and weigh at lot. I have found many folks, if you say a tortoise is 20" or it weighs 80 lbs or a tree is 21' tall, they hear the words, but can't not really visualize it well. That's why having them be around a big tortoise before getting one is good (even a cut out of that size helps a little). Or have them go to a store and pick up (or try to) 80 lbs helps them understand better what problems they may having moving their little tortoise in the future.

I recall years back seeing a picture of Oprah when she lost weight. I don't recall the amount, but it was quite a bit. What really brought home how much weight it was, was she had a kid's wagon next to her piled up with the same weight amount of fat. Seeing the pile of fat, really made it understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.