Kona the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Just as I turned the lights out for the night, Kona comes strolling out to get a midnight snack... had to turn the light back on and wait for her to finish up.

E77FFC2E-39EF-429A-ADF8-582CE2717CAB.jpeg
05BA9AB9-5B7C-4CF4-B539-E4356E560A42.jpeg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get Kona?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
He looks similar to my guy when I got him. There's usually only one vendor at all the shows here in GA that has beautiful SMOOTH yearlings like yours and it's Reptile-Passions. That's why I asked. My guy came from him.

New York
I am a Sulcata person...but I gotta say what an excellent picture of such a pretty face...Welcome
Thanks so much!
He looks similar to my guy when I got him. There's usually only one vendor at all the shows here in GA that has beautiful SMOOTH yearlings like yours and it's Reptile-Passions. That's why I asked. My guy came from him.
Interesting. Its possible Kona could have been from there - I believe Geck Obsessed was selling for another breeder.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
In any case, He's a gorgeous tort. Should be pretty easy to grow his shell smooth from this point.

New York
I just constructed Kona an outdoor enclosure! We will definitely upgrade in the future, we give her access to grassy areas as well, this enclosure is just for when we can't keep a close eye on her
IMG_9997.jpeg
First, I set the layout. I was planning on screwing the wood pieces together but then decided on using a dog crate so that it would be predator-proof.
IMG_9998.jpeg
Next, I leveled the ground and put the crate in. I set the wooden pieces around it to make sure there was a visual barrier between Kona and the rest of the yard. I did put a couple of plants and a grass seed mix inside as well as a hide, I just haven't taken photos of the finished product yet...
IMG_9999.jpeg
FullSizeRender-4.jpeg
Kona walking around the driveway.
FullSizeRender-5.jpeg
After exploring her new enclosure, Kona had a soak :)