Koppen climate types, which is best for outdoors? (US)

Stoneman

Location (City and/or State)
Pacific Northwest, United States
My big picture plan is to keep my adults in outdoor enclosures, and I want to move somewhere that is good for them, and also tolerable for me. I do not like high heat like in AZ, and I am not sure how I would like high humidity like in FL.

Here is a map of the Koppen climate types with a U.S. map. https://www.google.com/search?q=cli...d=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=934niyyi_IQB0M:

I would prefer to live somewhere that does not get much above 85°, and I know that getting below 60° can be dangerous for them. The main tortoises I would like to steward are aldabra, galapagos, radiated tortoise, burmese and Indian star, sulcata, and pancake.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
All of those species need warm weather. All of them come from tropical environments and all of them would benefit from humidity. In our temperate North American climate, that means living near our southern border to get that sort of climate, or at least a close compromise for most of the year.

If you don't want it above 85 or below 60, you'll have to move to the tropics. Somewhere near the equator. Hawaii would do it and still be in "America".