Koran burning - good news, bad news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadk

10 Year Member!
Good news - looks like the idiot American won't be burning the Korans.
Bad news - looks like American Free Speech and our constitution isn't something worth fighting for unless we agree with it.

Good news - radical muslims around the world still hate Christians, Americans, and any other Infedel, but they will stop the public American Flag burning, death threats, and violent protests.... for now... (waiting for something else to set them off... like American's protesting the new Mosque \ Victory Monument at Ground Zero)
Bad news - see above...

Good news: Obama has found his new "Free Speech Czar"
Bad News: it is THIS guy ;)

jerk.jpg

We run an idea past him, and if he protests like this, well, we know we have to shut down the free speech ASAP:
capt.a64454c324fc4f1eb7528649bb2a7796-a64454c324fc4f1eb7528649bb2a7796-0.jpg

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
chadk said:
Good news - looks like the idiot American won't be burning the Korans.
Bad news - looks like American Free Speech and our constitution isn't something worth fighting for unless we agree with it.

Good news - radical muslims around the world still hate Christians, Americans, and any other Infedel, but they will stop the public American Flag burning, death threats, and violent protests.... for now... (waiting for something else to set them off... like American's protesting the new Mosque \ Victory Monument at Ground Zero)
Bad news - see above...

Good news: Obama has found his new "Free Speech Czar"
Bad News: it is THIS guy ;)

jerk.jpg

We run an idea past him, and if he protests like this, well, we know we have to shut down the free speech ASAP:
capt.a64454c324fc4f1eb7528649bb2a7796-a64454c324fc4f1eb7528649bb2a7796-0.jpg
Yep.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
To me burning an American Flag seems like a hate crime not freedom of speech. If I burned a white cross would that be freedom of speech? I think it would be hateful and a hate crime.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
World peace? 5 billion people, I don't think so! Never happen, accept it and make your corner of the world a bit better.

The Amrican Flag.......I would give anything....and everything to support/honor it.

What was your question again?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
last I heard cross burning was protected speech, I could be wrong though.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I think both should be hate crimes. The American Flag because it is done out of hate for our country a cross because it is done out of hate to a race of people. I don't get why an act is concidered speech. I guess I agree that you should be able to say whatever you want, but not do whatever you want. Where should the line be drawn I guess is the big question and where we get in trouble.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am not saying I am agreeing with cross burning, but all hate speech is protected, the only time it is not protected is when you urge people to go out and commit hate/violent acts. Such as " I hate (blank) and I urge you all to go out and hurt/kill the nearest (blank) you can find."

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Angi said:
To me burning an American Flag seems like a hate crime not freedom of speech. If I burned a white cross would that be freedom of speech? I think it would be hateful and a hate crime.

Burning a cross is BOTH a example of Freedom of Speech AND a pretty hateful thing to do, but that's the 1st Amendment for ya...

Burning any flag is simply a political statement...and it doesn't always mean hatred for a people or group...a lot of times just hatred for an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.