Krindy's hiding in the weeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
I think Krindy is absolutely gorgeous. She has the sweetest face! I wish I could adopt an adult leopard tort in need as well. May I ask how you were able to find her?

mobtech

5 Year Member
I adopted her from a member on this site, Kimber_Lee_314, and it has been quite rewarding.

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
Could you please share some more of Krindy's story? I'm really curious to know how old she is and what her background is. She seems like such a sweet sweet girl. Is she getting along with your sulcata? (i noticed them visiting with each other in one of your pics). :) What is her personality like?

mobtech

5 Year Member
Krindy's Story, as I know it. She was fed cat food until she was about 4 years old. She is now around 10 years old. I have had her for a little over a year. She is much more friendly recently, took her a while to warm up to her new home. She is still a lot less personable than the sulcata. She is quite shy. The two get along, when he is not trying to mount her. I think she may be deaf as well, recently I have noticed that I am able to sneak up on her too easily. May be a product of her early diet. She eat quite a bit and drinks often. She is not a big fan of swimming though.

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
Thank you for the information. How sad she was fed only cat food! I'm glad she has such a good life now. :)

This week a similar looking female adult leo to Krindy was posted for sale on another site. I contacted the owner about buying her. She has extensive pyramiding, overgrown nails, and from what I understand this girl was housed only indoors for years and years. Unfortunately the man wants well over a thousand dollars for her. Unfortunately I just can't save her... So for now I am living vicariously through others by looking at their leos. :) Krindy is one of my favorites so far.

Tortus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Maryland
FLGirl41 said:
Thank you for the information. How sad she was fed only cat food! I'm glad she has such a good life now. :)

This week a similar looking female adult leo to Krindy was posted for sale on another site. I contacted the owner about buying her. She has extensive pyramiding, overgrown nails, and from what I understand this girl was housed only indoors for years and years. Unfortunately the man wants well over a thousand dollars for her. Unfortunately I just can't save her... So for now I am living vicariously through others by looking at their leos. :) Krindy is one of my favorites so far.

That seems like a ridiculous amount of money for a tortoise with those issues. It should be more of a rescue.

FLGirl41

5 Year Member
Tortus said:
FLGirl41 said:

That seems like a ridiculous amount of money for a tortoise with those issues. It should be more of a rescue.

I agree, Tortus. When I kindly told him it was too much, he offered free shipping. I feel bad for the animal but I can't afford that and if I paid that amount I would only be rewarding him for doing the wrong thing.

I don't mean to steal the OP's thread, I just wish all lovely large torts in need of adoption could have a story like Krindy's!

mobtech

5 Year Member
FLGirl41 said:
Tortus said:
FLGirl41 said:

I agree, Tortus. When I kindly told him it was too much, he offered free shipping. I feel bad for the animal but I can't afford that and if I paid that amount I would only be rewarding him for doing the wrong thing.

I don't mean to steal the OP's thread, I just wish all lovely large torts in need of adoption could have a story like Krindy's!

Thanks, I try.

zman7590

5 Year Member
Awwwhhhhh haha that's nice

Sent from my SGH-T769 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.