Kristina's Flea Recipe

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
One of our original Forum members posted this years ago. I haven't tried this, but I'm going to. It's for cats and dogs:

You need a 16 oz. glass jar. Spaghetti jars work very well. Take two whole unpeeled lemons, slice them very thinly and place them in the jar. Then, take a good sized bunch of fresh rosemary and add to the jar. Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, a teaspoon of chopped raw garlic, and about two teaspoons of whole cloves. (*optional - add 5 drops of pure neem seed oil.) Bring some water to a boil and pour it immediately into the jar, over the ingredients. Allow it to steep for 6-8 hours. You can then pour the liquid off, boil more water, and steep it a second time. (I'm not sure if it can be reused a third, haven't gotten that far yet lol.)

I went to the dollar store and got a spray bottle. I can use it as a spray, or soak a cotton ball and apply it directly to the skin, which makes it awesome for carefully using around the face. (TIP- whenever you treat for fleas, treat the area around the neck and the throat first, creating a barrier between the body and the head. Keeps the fleas from fleeing (LOL) to high ground.) The fleas just drop dead. It is amazing.