Lady Hermann not her usual self

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Good evening dear Zola, I have been thinking of you accompanying your dear Mama to have her injections today. I do hope all went well and that you had a safe journey. I have no doubt you have been a great comfort to her, being a soothing presence on her lap, eminently strokeable and wisely keeping an eye on all that goes on.
How interesting to hear more about Lundy Island. Teztez will be fascinated to hear about sea horses and puffins. We have never seen puffins in real life. What amazing creatures live on this planet, and you are pretty amazing too, Zola!!
I do hope dear Angie isn't in pain and has a good night and reaps the benefit of the treatment.
Much love and best wishes from Lady Teztez and Ruth xxx
Hello, dear guardian of the renowned Lady of the Fridge - this is just a short note to let you know that Angie had her treatment ok - it was done by the nurse in charge, and it was much less painful than previous times - though it hurt just as much later! The nurse has met me before,and likes to hear about me, so my Papa took some recent photos of me in to show her. I didn't go in myself - just waited in the car for my very wobbly Mama to come back. We passed a roundabout with daffodils on, coming back, and Papa drove right round it twice, so we could get a good look at the cheering sight.
Love to you and the Lady from Zola and Angie xxx

ruthiepo

Location (City and/or State)
Chippenham
Daffodils!!
That's so early!
Very cheering indeed.
It's freezing here, am so glad Teztez is in her temperature controlled fridge. The recent mild spell would surely have woken her up if she had been outside and then the freezing temperatures might have killed her.
Hope Angie is feeling better today.
You will know how to make her feel comfortable.
Fond regards from Ruth and the sleeping Treasure xxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Daffodils!!
That's so early!
Very cheering indeed.
It's freezing here, am so glad Teztez is in her temperature controlled fridge. The recent mild spell would surely have woken her up if she had been outside and then the freezing temperatures might have killed her.
Hope Angie is feeling better today.
You will know how to make her feel comfortable.
Fond regards from Ruth and the sleeping Treasure xxx
It is indeed very early for daffodils, even here, which is the first part of the country to get them. We usually get lots of early primroses too. My Mama is feeling rather better now,and is going to make a cup of tea and find some treats for me. I am sure you will be impressed to learn that the NHS has sent an email to me personally, inviting me to get a Covid passport - so I can go to nightclubs etc. !!! To me - zola @ zola.me.uk .My Papa says it is a scam - I think I would like to go to a nightclub - bright lights and dancing - it would be fun.
Love from Zola xxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Gracious Teztez would be very thrilled at the thought of you in your night clubbing attire, Zola!!
Actually, I was hoping that the graceful and gracious Lady Teztez would accompany me to the nightclub - and I am sure she would delight all eyes, whatever she wore -or nothing, of course !!!
Zola xxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello dear Ruth - my Mama and Papa are great fans of Fred Astaire's dancing , and my Mama made me this birthday hat some years ago - do you think it would look sufficiently elegant for The Lady to approve of it ?However, my dancing would not be up to his standard, and I wouldn't want to disappoint her.
What do you think ?
Zola xxxZ-and-14th-cake-small.jpg

ruthiepo

Chippenham
I say, Zola, you do look very stylish in your special hat!!
I'm sure Teztez would be simply delighted to twirl with you on the dance floor.
I'm afraid she has never said anything to us about dancing but I certainly wouldn't put it past her, and I can imagine her saucily sporting a polka dot bow of ribbon around one of her arms.
You never cease to amaze us, Zola!
With fond regards from Ruth, patiently guarding the sleeping treasure and possible diva.

zolasmum

5 Year Member
I say, Zola, you do look very stylish in your special hat!!
I'm sure Teztez would be simply delighted to twirl with you on the dance floor.
I'm afraid she has never said anything to us about dancing but I certainly wouldn't put it past her, and I can imagine her saucily sporting a polka dot bow of ribbon around one of her arms.
You never cease to amaze us, Zola!
With fond regards from Ruth, patiently guarding the sleeping treasure and possible diva.
Greetings ,dear guardian of the sleeping treasure. I am glad you like my hat, though my Mama would have to make me a larger one, I think. At the same time, she could make a bow for Teztez's arm - and even, dare I be so presumptuous, a bow for her delightful derriere, which would wiggle as she twerked enticingly across the floor.( I am referring to Teztez here, of course, not my Mama, whose attempts at twerking would not be a pretty sight)
It will soon be my half-birthday - it is celebrated on 27 January, like my Papa's birthday - then my proper birthday is on July 8th. Does Teztez have a birthday, or has it got lost in the mists of time? If that is the case, I would be happy to share one of mine with her.
I hope to have another photo to send you tomorrow -until then, love from Zola xxx

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Dear and dashing Zola,
Funnily enough, the Lady Teztez is quite an accomplished twerker. Last summer she would enthusiastically waggle her rear shell when we gently scratched it for her. She seemed to appreciate having her shell scratched and also having it polished with a gentle scourer during her warm baths. She evidently is a bit of a spa aficionado.
I popped down to her fridge to check on her temperature and have a peep at her and stroked her cold shell to let her know that we are still thinking of her. Her nose moved a few millimetres in response.
I am so much looking forward to longer spring days and birdsong, and bringing her upstairs to slowly return to room temperature. We miss her so much.
I am glad that you take care of your mama and papa all through the long dark winter days, I'm sure you are a great cheer and comfort with your beautiful golden shell and gorgeous legs.
I hope you are enjoying your special chandelier and that the lights twinkle softly on your hide and living areas.
Much love and best bedtime wishes from Ruth and the sleeping Teztez xx

ruthiepo

Chippenham
We don't know when Teztez celebrates her birthday, it's a closely guarded secret.
It is most generous of you to offer to share one of yours with her, she will be very thrilled to have that to look forward to.
Fond regards from Ruth

zolasmum

5 Year Member
We don't know when Teztez celebrates her birthday, it's a closely guarded secret.
It is most generous of you to offer to share one of yours with her, she will be very thrilled to have that to look forward to.
Fond regards from Ruth
I realise it will have to be Zola's official birthday - July 8th - as she will be asleep for his half-birthday - please would you consult her when she is awake again? It is also my birthday, and it would make it more special for both Zola and me xx
Angie

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Greetings once more,dear Ruth -it has been a lovely sunny day today, so my Papa decided we should go for a long drive to Dartmoor - however, there were a lot of fog patches on the way, so we only got as far as Meldon reservoir, where I helped herd the sheep in that photo i sent. It was nice to be somewhere different, and I met some new people. We looked for snowdrops by the road, but didn't see any yet.
I have been thinking about what outfit Teztez would like to see me wear at this future night club, and my mama reminded me of the song -All the nice girls love a sailor - so I wonder if she would like me in this very nautical hat - another birthday creation by my mama.
What do you think ?
Love to you and The Lady xxx

_IMGP6616-Edit.jpg

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Greetings gorgeous Zola, your mama makes some wonderful hats for you!!
I love the nautical hat and the seahorse trim! As ever, your glossy shell and cuddly legs set it off admirably.
I'm glad you had a pleasant outing and some sunshine and brightened the day of the people you met.
Here we have had freezing fogs and sharp frosts. I'm thankful we have Teztez under our eye safe in her fridge. She is continuing to slumber peacefully, only moving her nose out of her shell when we open the fridge to check on her and allow fresh air inside. Thank you for your goodnight wishes, I think Teztez receives them as she seems quite happy and restful. She should be weighed again soon.
Thank you for the birthday picture, another treat waiting for Teztez when she rejoins us. I must have a chat with her and find out her ideas about party wear.
But you always look very well groomed and attractive Zola, very dishy, one might say.
With fond regards from Ruth xx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Greetings gorgeous Zola, your mama makes some wonderful hats for you!!
I love the nautical hat and the seahorse trim! As ever, your glossy shell and cuddly legs set it off admirably.
I'm glad you had a pleasant outing and some sunshine and brightened the day of the people you met.
Here we have had freezing fogs and sharp frosts. I'm thankful we have Teztez under our eye safe in her fridge. She is continuing to slumber peacefully, only moving her nose out of her shell when we open the fridge to check on her and allow fresh air inside. Thank you for your goodnight wishes, I think Teztez receives them as she seems quite happy and restful. She should be weighed again soon.
Thank you for the birthday picture, another treat waiting for Teztez when she rejoins us. I must have a chat with her and find out her ideas about party wear.
But you always look very well groomed and attractive Zola, very dishy, one might say.
With fond regards from Ruth xx
Greetings, dear guardian of the sleeping treasure -I am glad you liked my photo. This morning we went to the dentist - for my mama, not me, of course - we were told to wait in the car until summoned, when suddenly a secretary rushed out to tell us there was a power cut !! Just imagine how awful it would be to be having the dentist drilling away - and suddenly stop, half-drilled !! So we went away, and the secretary phoned later to say Mama could go tomorrow afternoon - we are going to Barnstaple for my radicchio first, in the morning.
It will be nice to have a proper expedition.
Mama says she keeps thinking of the poor half-treated patients - what a horrible thing to happen !!
I hope all is well with you and your sleeping beauty
Zola xxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Greetings, dear guardian of the sleeping treasure -I am glad you liked my photo. This morning we went to the dentist - for my mama, not me, of course - we were told to wait in the car until summoned, when suddenly a secretary rushed out to tell us there was a power cut !! Just imagine how awful it would be to be having the dentist drilling away - and suddenly stop, half-drilled !! So we went away, and the secretary phoned later to say Mama could go tomorrow afternoon - we are going to Barnstaple for my radicchio first, in the morning.
It will be nice to have a proper expedition.
Mama says she keeps thinking of the poor half-treated patients - what a horrible thing to happen !!
I hope all is well with you and your sleeping beauty
Zola xxx
Hello again, dear guardian of The Lady - I thought you might like to see this photo which my papa sent to his friend Martin today, for his birthday. Martin is a friend of mine too, and he very much likes the work of this photographer.....
so Papa thought this would be appropriate - you will of course understand why !
Zola xxx

Martin's-Slim-Aarons-card.jpg

ruthiepo

Chippenham
Oh Zola!!
You really are a one!
What a fantastic photo. Your Papa had a lot of fun with that?
I'm glad you are looking as well and handsome as ever.
Thank you for keeping us updated with your adventures and glamorous lifestyle.
With love to your mama and papa and your special self from Ruth patiently watching over the sleeping treasure. Xx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Oh Zola!!
You really are a one!
What a fantastic photo. Your Papa had a lot of fun with that?
I'm glad you are looking as well and handsome as ever.
Thank you for keeping us updated with your adventures and glamorous lifestyle.
With love to your mama and papa and your special self from Ruth patiently watching over the sleeping treasure. Xx
Hello,dear watcher over the Lady
I thought you would be amused by the photo - my Mama nearly fell off her chair laughing, but then she said it would have been even funnier with red nail polish ! She may be right.
I'm afraid my lifestyle isn't quite as glamorous as you may imagine, but at least over the years I have met (with my Papa and Mama) a lot of interesting - and sometimes glamorous - people.
Have you weighed the Lady yet? When do you think you will awaken her?
Zola xxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Greetings once more - I realise that I didn't tell you that it is my half-birthday tomorrow - and my Papa's full birthday too, of course ! I don't think either of us will be celebrating much - it is really cold here, and I don't think my parents will want me to get cold, so I shall probably just get a few extra cuddles by the fire - and perhaps a card. Several years ago, my parents decided to get one combined birthday /Christmas present between them each year - rather than trying to find something every time, and that way they have got some special things they wouldn't have got otherwise, such as a spinning mobile for the garden.
Perhaps we shall go for an extra long drive to see some special snowdrops - there are some by the road near us, actually - and we saw more daffodils today too.
It would be nice to think Teztez notices my goodnight wishes, which I do send every night to her, but even if she is too asleep, they are still circling round her and keeping her company.
Love from Zola Xxx

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Ruth - I know this is not happening just yet, but my mama and I were thinking about Teztez and the end of her hibernation, and thought you might like to see this ...

Lines On The Awakening of the Lady Teztez ....
The golden towers of Chippenham
Guard o'er the place where Teztez lies
Asleep while in her chilly cavė
Protected there by loving eyes.
The spring will come, and then at last
She will shake off her dreams now past-
The birds will sing and flowers glow bright
To greet her from her winter night
And all who love her now will cheer
To see her start another year.

Zola and Angie