Large male sulcata in Chandler, AZ needs new home

Mary Mac

Location (City and/or State)
Chandler, Arizona
I purchased a male sulcata for my son several years ago. I think he is 9 years old now. He is healthy, but HUGE. He opens my sliding door and comes inside if the kids leave it unlocked. I can't lift him and I think it is time for a new home. I know I should have been more responsible all those years ago when we got him. He has been a joy, but I think if he tracks mud through my house one more time I will lose it. Thank you.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I'm sure someone will step forward and give u a hand. Can you upload some pictures? Guess size and weight? Nice opprtunity for someone close by. Good luck.

Mary Mac

Chandler, Arizona
I just went out to get some pictures of him next to something to give perspective, but he is already in his hole for the night. Early for him, but he had a busy day. I will post pictures in the morning. I hope you guys are right and I am able to find him a good new home. :)

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I may be interested but will have to ask someone about it first. I'm curious how difficult it would be to move the big guy!

Mary Mac

Chandler, Arizona
I have a carrier for great dane dogs he MIGHT fit into. It is his width that is the problem. Do you have a fenced yard with no pool?

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I'd probably ask to borrow my dad's truck and his help if the tort is really that big. He'd have no access to a pool but I do need to find out first before saying I'll for sure take him. Are you going to post pics tomorrow? Where in Chandler are you?

M

Maggie Cummings

If he's 30 inches he could be 150 or more. Is he that big? He would have been less trouble for you if he had his own house and was penned up. He should never be allowed to wander in your house...

Mary Mac

Chandler, Arizona
Maggie believe me he is never allowed to wander my house. He literally slides the door open if left unlocked. I took pictures but can't figure out how to post them from my phone.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
@Tom

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
I talked to the boss today and he said I wouldn't be able to take him in until end of winter/ early spring so if anyone else is interested now they can go for it.

Mary Mac

Chandler, Arizona
10723068_10205108911428924_1826309903_n.jpg