Large male sulcata in Chandler, AZ needs new home

Mary Mac

Location (City and/or State)
Chandler, Arizona
10726302_10205108910908911_915702887_n.jpg

Mary Mac

Chandler, Arizona
I uploaded the second one with my foot in the picture to give an idea of his size. I really hope someone can take him.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I uploaded the second one with my foot in the picture to give an idea of his size. I really hope someone can take him.
I hope you can find him a good home. You're kind of brave to stick your bare feet down there, he might decide he likes the color of your toenail polish.

Mary Mac

Chandler, Arizona
Yeah, He has come after the brightly colored toes before, but he was napping when I took this, not eating, so I wasn't worried. :)

iluvtorts

5 Year Member
I purchased a male sulcata for my son several years ago. I think he is 9 years old now. He is healthy, but HUGE. He opens my sliding door and comes inside if the kids leave it unlocked. I can't lift him and I think it is time for a new home. I know I should have been more responsible all those years ago when we got him. He has been a joy, but I think if he tracks mud through my house one more time I will lose it. Thank you.
I cant see your picture of the tortoise. if you could pm me with another pic and a size. I will be in phoenix this weekend. if you give me a phone number I will call you.

Mary Mac

Chandler, Arizona
Hi,

I think he has found a home. I will sending him with Karl up north to Whittmann on Saturday...he is even coming to get him. I think this is the best home for him because Karl is an expert with sulcatas and he really knows the requirements for a tortoise this large. As I spoke to others and saw pictures of their yards it became clear that the issues I am having they would have as well. :) Karl guesses Sheldon is around 50 pounds. He is 9 years old and has lived on mostly grass for the past 6 years that I have owned him...so he hasn't grown as quickly as tortoises fed differently. I wish I had a better picture of how strong they become and how stubborn they are if they decide they want to go somewhere. :) This is a wonderful forum and I wish I had found it sooner and been a part of it while I was a tortoise mom. Thank you so much for all of your care and help and thank you Karl for giving my big guy a new home. Mary :)

devsharkey

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I don't know if you've still got your boy up for sale, but my mom has been asking for one for a few months now. We have a huge back yard, and I live in Gilbert, AZ.