Large Mobile Red Foot Enclosure

Alex Z

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
Truly incredible what home you gave your animals. Your oair looks fantastic. How much was the insulation? What type is that?

ztgbrawler3

10 Year Member!
Hebron, KY
Truly incredible what home you gave your animals. Your oair looks fantastic. How much was the insulation? What type is that?
It's 1.5" thick foam board from Home Depot. A 4x8 sheet costs about $15. I need about 5 or 6 sheets.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
So you built the framework, then insulated right? Did you put the walls over it?

ztgbrawler3

10 Year Member!
Hebron, KY
So you built the framework, then insulated right? Did you put the walls over it?
Yes, I built the framework, specifically to be 1.5" thick on all sides, then tucked the foam board in between all of the frame pieces, outside of the interior walls. I then covered everything with a very thin plywood.

ZippyButter

10 Year Member!
Texas/Cal.
Great work! Beautiful wood work! You probably can build your own house if you want to. Very impressive. Love it!:<3::):tort:

allegraf

10 Year Member!
HOLY COW!!! Did it stay a she? She is beautiful! I was thinking about that one the other day, thinking, I should have kept that one, but glad she went to a good home! Great job!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Take another pic of the Heart Plastron! I have not hatched another with any plastron issues. That was one of the neatest ones!

ztgbrawler3

10 Year Member!
Hebron, KY
Take another pic of the Heart Plastron! I have not hatched another with any plastron issues. That was one of the neatest ones!
I won't say 100% that she's a she until I see an egg, but still trending that direction. I'll try to get you a picture tomorrow, working until late tonight. I still have her and the other Redfoot I've had for about 5 years. It took her awhile to socialize like my other guy, but she's an aggressive eater and follows me everywhere when she's hungry.

ztgbrawler3

10 Year Member!
Hebron, KY
It’s looking like a girl! Are you sure your northern is a male?

I'm pretty sure, starting to get a wasp waist, and has a concave plastron. Attempts to mount the other one occasionally. The tail end of the plastron doesn't flare out like a typical male, though.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
The reason I asked, is that from the pic, the shell looks quite rounded. You will know whether either is a boy when "he" flashes the goods!

ztgbrawler3

10 Year Member!
Hebron, KY
The reason I asked, is that from the pic, the shell looks quite rounded. You will know whether either is a boy when "he" flashes the goods!
Lol, yeah that'd clue me in. Doesn't really matter in the end, I didn't get them to breed. It would be something fun for the kids to 'help' with I suppose. I don't suppose "clucking" like a chicken is limited to males, is it?

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Lol, yeah that'd clue me in. Doesn't really matter in the end, I didn't get them to breed. It would be something fun for the kids to 'help' with I suppose. I don't suppose "clucking" like a chicken is limited to males, is it?

Nope. My girls click when they mount each other too.