largest plastic box we can buy from walmart/home deopt/amazon for tortoise enclosure?

qiangzhu

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
This is the largest box I have ever found https://www.homedepot.com/p/Organiz...Clear-Base-and-Red-Cover-ST53221501/206346063
I bought 2 last year but it is still not large enough while my tortoises are growing larger.
Not sure if there are any more recommendations. I do like those plastic boxes. Even though it is large, its price is still not high. And plastic box is not easy to get mildewed or grow mold when you put it in a high humidity greenhouse or seal it to keep humidity.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
The old Christmas box. It is the best all around do to overall height- it is like purpose made for a young tort closed chamber

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
another idea I have seem to a large drainage pipe tunnel at a low level between 2 plastic boxes cut down to size and big enough they will not get stuck.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Right after Christmas you can buy the big plastic Christmas tree storage bin at Walmart. They make a fantastic enclosure. They sell out fast, so I would advise that you go a day or two after Christmas. I purchased a greenhouse top on Amazon that fits overs the enclosure, which does a great job of keeping the humidity up.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
This is the largest box I have ever found https://www.homedepot.com/p/Organiz...Clear-Base-and-Red-Cover-ST53221501/206346063
I bought 2 last year but it is still not large enough while my tortoises are growing larger.
Not sure if there are any more recommendations. I do like those plastic boxes. Even though it is large, its price is still not high. And plastic box is not easy to get mildewed or grow mold when you put it in a high humidity greenhouse or seal it to keep humidity.

The Container Store has these with clear top. No permanent sunset to cause stress. They will NOT ship these.