Last min question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rover15

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario canada
Hey guys I'm finally getting my yellow foot on thrusday going out tomorrow to pick up my substrate mix I want any and all advice please and thank you

It will be a baby only2 months old orignally I was building a tort table but had issues with keeping the humidity up so I'm going with a glass terrarium (ill be putting a border so my little guy/girl can't see thru, but I'm thinking straight moss on one side and then a cocofiber soil mix maybe some coconut husk chunks

Again its for a baby so I want to keep my humidity at 80%-90%

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Covering a large portion of the top is good, also keeping a great ambient temp not below 80 ish is good...in addition, while I would make available a warm humid area/hide and some of the remainder of the substrate a bit damp I would also provide a part of the enclosure that offers up a dry bit of dirt that also remains a bit warm and no less than 75-78 ish (dry, not wet ;) so that the little one can let its shell and body dry out if and when he feels the need--a tort must be able to allow its shell and body to dry from time to time to remain in a healthy state---if the tort is kept in a constant wet environment and not allowed the ability to dry out some--then shell rot/fungus can easily become an issue....

Wait around for the others info as well, the more the merrier...:p

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Ty I'm going to have my wet/damp side straight moss with a hide then on the other end ill have a dry hide spot most likely ill have it on a piece of slate rock but from the moss over to the slate I ant to do a soil coco fiber mix with grass seed (advice I got from my local rep store) any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.