lazy baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet99

5 Year Member
Hi all, I've had Om about two weeks now. He's very good, comes out and eats, has a quick shufty around and then goes right back in his corner and either digs or sleeps. Should I be concerned or do I just have a lazy baby? He poos and pees fine and I bath him twice a week and he's quite active then, just seems when it's up to him he'd rather sleep and eat all day!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome
He is not lazy he is being a baby, they hide because they are usually afraid of being eaten. They learn you are not a threat sooner or later, and then they usually open up.

Ratchet99

5 Year Member
Hi!
That would.explain why he sleeps in the corner with plant cover! I just worry he's.cold, but from reading on here he wouldn't be eating so happily and moving away from his light if he was.
I look forward to him becoming a proper little.man, but he's so adorable.while he's small!

M

Maggie Cummings

Ratchet99 said:
Hi!
That would.explain why he sleeps in the corner with plant cover! I just worry he's.cold, but from reading on here he wouldn't be eating so happily and moving away from his light if he was.
I look forward to him becoming a proper little.man, but he's so adorable.while he's small!

What temps are you keeping him at? What kind of lights do you have? Can you post pix of his habitat?

Ratchet99

5 Year Member
Sure, I'll.take a photo tonight when I get back. Temps wise he is usually at.about 26 Celsius.during.the day dropping to 20 at.night.

Ratchet99

5 Year Member
I wouldn't say he's a teeny tiny baby. Probably about a year.or so but a baby to me! Will.post some up tonight

Ratchet99

5 Year Member
Here are some photos of his set up, and of Om bravely guarding his plant against the camera intruder!
I'm using a soil/sand substrate, alongside a prorep heat lamp with 125W bulb. There is also a heat map on that side of the enclosure but a little away from the lamp so the entirety of that side of the enclosure is nice and snug.
He does seem to love his plant though!

Attachments

• PICT0418.JPG
    PICT0418.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • PICT0423.JPG
    PICT0423.JPG
    970 KB · Views: 22
  • PICT0421.JPG
    PICT0421.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
He looks great! My only tip would be to bury the water bowl a bit into the substrate, so he doesn't have to try hard to climb for a drink. That's an adorable little setup.

Ratchet99

5 Year Member
Thanks!
I'm trying to make it as interesting for him as possible and I'm always willing to try new things so I'll try digging his water in a bit for easy access.

Status
Not open for further replies.