Leaky Eyes in Red Foot Tortoise?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
camera doesn't work, got to get it fixed. but my tortoise lives in a zoo med tortoise house. he also has a heating pad in the place he sleeps.
You seem to have a couple of issues that need to be Addressed.
Try to include photos as soon as you are able to.
Where is "South Hadly"?
Is that in the UK?
Some of the items we use in the US differ slightly from those available in the UK. But we'll get you going in the right direction

saikia

FRANKLIN PARK
My one year old redfoot has moist looking eyes time to time.. I guess it all depends on Humidity and Heat. Later I have increased the heat(80) and humidity(70) in the terrarium. Also made a bed for him made from river rock (big size : from home depot) which helps retain the heat and he can rest/sleep comfortably.

Attachments

• Turtoise.jpg
    Turtoise.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10

Diane Berner

5 Year Member
My redfoot's eyes run when it is too dry in the enclosure. As long as I keep her hydrated, soaked and sprayed down with a mister or spray bottle. Also an open topped tortoise table like you have does not hold humidity. If you are relying on pet store dial humidity gauges to measure humidity they are not accurate.

saikia

FRANKLIN PARK
Thanks Diane, my enclosure is actually a top covered, it is just for the picture , I took out the top. I soak him every 2 days though, but your idea of mister/spray bottle will help additionally. Thanks again!

Lady Boxsworth

NEW CASTLE
My one year old redfoot has moist looking eyes time to time.. I guess it all depends on Humidity and Heat. Later I have increased the heat(80) and humidity(70) in the terrarium. Also made a bed for him made from river rock (big size : from home depot) which helps retain the heat and he can rest/sleep comfortably.
Try reptile eye drops. Your substrate may be a little dry and need sprayed down.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hey there! I've owned my Redfoot tortoise Hawk for about a month now. His eyes are leaky, does anybody have any suggestions on how I could fix this, or what this means? {P.S his eyes aren't swollen nor red, just a little bit of water around his eyes.}
Being too hot or lack of humidity can cause this.