Leaving for awhile...

Killerrookie

As you can tell by the title I have considered leaving TFO for a bit, while I clear my head from things that have been happening lately. I've you have heard I've broken up with my ex and something horrible has happened... I'll still be around chatting a little or lurking but won't be acting the same. I'm gonna be thinking about life and things I can do about my stress levels lately and my depression that been going on this past week. Take care everyone!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It helps to talk out things . Don't hold them in . Hopefully everything will workout for you.

Killerrookie

It helps to talk out things . Don't hold them in . Hopefully everything will workout for you.
I don't know mike. I have no one to to tell my feelings. I can't trusted anyone in life anymore and I can't even respect anyone either because I've pretty much given up in life. Harsh I know but it's the truth.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well bro you are talking it out right now . No one here will make fun of you . Let us have it . It will help.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Isolating yourself and not talking to anyone will only make you feel worse. Believe me I know that from personal experience. People are supportive here. And you can PM people if you want to.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your personal problems . Hope everything turns out for you or gets better . We do care and we will listen .

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Too bad school is over. I was going to suggest talking to a school counsellor. How about the minister or priest at your church. If you don't go to church, you can still go and talk to the minister. It really does help to get it out in the open.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I don't know mike. I have no one to to tell my feelings. I can't trusted anyone in life anymore and I can't even respect anyone either because I've pretty much given up in life. Harsh I know but it's the truth.
Sorry to have heard that you broke up with your ex and also very sorry that you'll be leaving tort forum.

I can understand you, as I have your exact same feelings: I have NOBODY to talk to when feeling down, I live alone, and I have applied one thing: 'You are guilty until proven innocent' and not vice versa. I can respect people but cannot trust 99.9999% of those I know here. Too bad, is all I can say.

Wishing you the best of luck and hope to hear better news soon.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Isolating yourself and not talking to anyone will only make you feel worse. Believe me I know that from personal experience. People are supportive here. And you can PM people if you want to.
I do agree with what came in your post, however when one gets to a point whereas one doesn't trust anyone any more, it becomes anything but easy to...talk. I too, am saying so after experience. And what if one does decide to talk it out and gets....DEEPLY HURT, instead of being 'comforted/consoled?'

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*hugs* I wish you the best. Keep in mind we are always here, be it to give you a hard time or a place to cut loose or to share. Unlike in real life most of the folks here all never know you in real life, which can sometimes make it easier to share things. Be good to yourself.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
*hugs* I wish you the best. Keep in mind we are always here, be it to give you a hard time or a place to cut loose or to share. Unlike in real life most of the folks here all never know you in real life, which can sometimes make it easier to share things. Be good to yourself.
True Jacqui, with all respect to everyone at the forum, members could never know much about one's real life and what is going on be it good or bad. And for this reason some of them misjudge, misunderstand the person concerned and may even say very hurtful things.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
True Jacqui, with all respect to everyone at the forum, members could never know much about one's real life and what is going on be it good or bad. And for this reason some of them misjudge, misunderstand the person concerned and may even say very hurtful things.

True, as in any time two or more humans try to talk and share with each. Part of communication should be open and free communication, including sharing what hurts the other person may give, often without meaning too.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
True, as in any time two or more humans try to talk and share with each. Part of communication should be open and free communication, including sharing what hurts the other person may give, often without meaning too.
Ok, they may not mean to hurt the person in 'trouble' but when one knows that X has a serious issue, one should be extremely careful when wording a message/alert to him/her, so as not to hurt his/her feelings that more than they have already been hurt. And I for one, am talking out of experience. I was very anxious, bored, irritated....you name it, and receievd an EXTREMELY HURTFUL alert. Do you think this is the way? I doubt it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, I'm sorry that happened to you Gillian, however, let's not derail Autsin's thread.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
As you can tell by the title I have considered leaving TFO for a bit, while I clear my head from things that have been happening lately. I've you have heard I've broken up with my ex and something horrible has happened... I'll still be around chatting a little or lurking but won't be acting the same. I'm gonna be thinking about life and things I can do about my stress levels lately and my depression that been going on this past week. Take care everyone!
Hi. Sincerely hope you are now at least a bit better. NO....I'm not going to ask questions and I have NO right whatsoever to do so. But your issue did worry me I can assure you.

PLEASE reconsider staying. And you needn't talk to anyone about your private matter if you don't want to.

Killerrookie

Hi. Sincerely hope you are now at least a bit better. NO....I'm not going to ask questions and I have NO right whatsoever to do so. But your issue did worry me I can assure you.

PLEASE reconsider staying. And you needn't talk to anyone about your private matter if you don't want to.
Yes I have reconsidered staying and I will be staying for now. I've been talking to a lot of TFO people over At the PM's and they talked me into staying. Thank you for really understanding and I do agree on what you stated earlier. Thank all of you guys for the support and hopefully me and my girlfriend get better soon and she recovers.