Lechuga

Chuga

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I am a new yellow belly slider owner. Petco gave me a surplus of bad information and I am wondering if any noticeable damage has happened to my turtle. I am also wondering about how old she is.

Attachments

• 484DAEB7-00DE-4814-A9A8-0A0C73FF6AAD.jpeg
    484DAEB7-00DE-4814-A9A8-0A0C73FF6AAD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 4B55F6D0-FFFC-44D9-A010-95BFA7233FAA.jpeg
    4B55F6D0-FFFC-44D9-A010-95BFA7233FAA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
WTTC Chuga!

I like your little guy.....he's got good structure, no boring parasites, clear eyes, and nasal passage from what we can see.....he's just been screwed out of a healthy diet and you will fix that!

I assume you dried him out only for photo's?

What kind of a home do you have for him? Are you using tap or salt-conditioned well water?

jeff

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! *waves* can't wait to see his beauty shine through.

Chuga

Michigan
WTTC Chuga!

I like your little guy.....he's got good structure, no boring parasites, clear eyes, and nasal passage from what we can see.....he's just been screwed out of a healthy diet and you will fix that!

I assume you dried him out only for photo's?

What kind of a home do you have for him? Are you using tap or salt-conditioned well water?

jeff
Thank you!! He was sunbathing a while when I took those pictures. Currently (at the suggestion of petco) he has a 20gallon tank. Next month he will get a 55. I use tap water and use water conditioner and sludge destroyer

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The 55 will be GREAT for him! I always tried to get a Bio-balance between my filter system and food intake, waste and snail-cleanup & plants but it takes time.

I could NEVER get any rooted plant to live in a turtle tank, they tear them up but the floaters do well!

I also supplement with boiled sandwich ham once a week or less to give them calcium...without messing up the tank. The chunks don't mix with water as pellets do.

Good luck and post some pics!

jeff