Leg problem??

Status
Not open for further replies.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
Yoshi has really weird front legs, they are always bent at 90degrees, most of his movement seems to come from his armpit joints. He can straighten them out but it looks really awkward for him, his legs were this way when I got him a few months back but I thought it was because he had really long nails. I got his nails trimmed a little but he still walks with his front legs bent and looks a little out turned.
He has really long legs and neck but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, could it be arthritis or something? He doesn't seem to mind but I just worry that it could be a problem.
I will attach a couple of old photos
Thanks

7a9226d9dbe00df657608eee252f580b_zpsd79212ad.jpg

adedcf2f1841f6071482d2b6dc9dd73a_zps15eaf63e.jpg

Maybe he is half sea turtle!!! :p

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Hmmmm looks fine to me. I don't know for sure.... Here's a *bump* so the more experienced tortoise owners can chime in :)

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
He looks fine to me too. Russians tend to walk with their legs out like that - maybe because they're flatter and not so domed.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
kimber_lee_314 said:
He looks fine to me too. Russians tend to walk with their legs out like that - maybe because they're flatter and not so domed.

Yes, both my Russian's walk like that ;)

stehowarth

5 Year Member
My Russian bread walks like that when I first got her it looked like she was walking on her nails and her feet didn't even touch the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.