Jeffweystan

Location (City and/or State)
MARYLAND
Hi! My name is Leo and I have a 3 year old Russian Tortoise named Jeffwey. I have had Jeffwey for almost two months. I have been obsessed with turtles for a while and finally got one. Jeffwey is really friendly and loves being pet. He is a bit of a picky eater, mainly eating collard greens and carrots.

Attachments

• 891D4D30-F139-4C6E-859C-8E6E90E7F24F.jpeg
    891D4D30-F139-4C6E-859C-8E6E90E7F24F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • 9E890FE8-D586-4E44-9151-7E7494FB3F53.jpeg
    9E890FE8-D586-4E44-9151-7E7494FB3F53.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Congrats on your tortoise. He's going to need a much better diet than that though, if you want to keep him healthy. Carrots aren't good for them, and they need more than collard greens. Here is a good place to start reading:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You need to feed him on a plate or flat rock so he doesn't accidentally eat the wood chips.
Also, you have to get creative and get him to eat much more than two items. They need a big variety and it's your job to find ways to trick him into eating the better stuff.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum

Jeffweystan

MARYLAND
You need to feed him on a plate or flat rock so he doesn't accidentally eat the wood chips.
Also, you have to get creative and get him to eat much more than two items. They need a big variety and it's your job to find ways to trick him into eating the better stuff.
I feed him on a plate sorta thing now, that was just when I first got him cause he wasn’t eating from the plate.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi! My name is Leo and I have a 3 year old Russian Tortoise named Jeffwey. I have had Jeffwey for almost two months. I have been obsessed with turtles for a while and finally got one. Jeffwey is really friendly and loves being pet. He is a bit of a picky eater, mainly eating collard greens and carrots.
This is an adult wild caught tortoise. Much older than 3 years.

The 60 gallon tank the pet store sold you is much too small. Please read the care info for housing and diet:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Welcome Leo

The face we get when the realization sets in...."that we was lied to Clem" LOL, don't let it bother you Leo, you are in a good place here with talent you wouldn't believe. Just look at who responded......

This is an adult wild caught tortoise. Much older than 3 years.

The 60 gallon tank the pet store sold you is much too small. Please read the care info for housing and diet:

I love the dinosaur-Tort and the duck! Beauty and the Beast?

good luck,

jeff