leopard gecko:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
I was wondering if anyone had leopard geckos, and enclosure pictures. I'm trying to make mine better looking and as natural as possible, need ideas!

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
nice! yeah mine is alright, but i want to add to it, I actually really want to try and make a false background with caves. and a more natural looking humid hide. i need to take recent pictures of mine, i dont think i ever posted any on here,

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
here are pictures of mine:

first one:
IMG_1765.jpg

second one:
IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

RandomWiktor

5 Year Member
Alabama
I'm in the process of using blue poly foam to make a naturalistic "rocky" enclosure for my leopard gecko Asha. Unfortunately it is far from done and doesn't look good enough to go posting around, but I'll put pics up as soon as it is finished. Right now, all of my leppies are just on basic paper towel set-ups with basking tiles, wooden hides, etc. I'd like to eventually build nicer enclosures for all of them.

One alternative is to set up an enrichment bin. I have a bin with a very hard packed fine sand/soil mix substrate, cholla wood, stone, fake grass, etc. outdoors that I let my guys out in every couple of days or so around dusk after leaving it out all day to get warm. They seem to like digging, climbing, etc. in it, though I worry about them injesting the substrate so they don't have permenant enclosures like this.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I think the leopards have the cutest face. They seem to sleep a lot though...I would keep it close to their natural habitat w/sands and hides. Aren't they from Afganistan?

RandomWiktor

5 Year Member
Alabama
Their natural habitat isn't sand though, which is an unfortunate misconception that's caused a good deal of these little guys to die of impactions. Their biome involves arid grasslands with packed clay-like soil and plenty of rocky outcrops, which they occupy. They hide among rock crevases and come out at night to lay on the rocks heated by the sun (as well as to hunt). In the wild, they'll often consume small ammounts of dirt/clay for vital trace nutrients. When kept in captivity on big coarse silicate sands, or calci-sand, they repeat this behavior with deadly consequences. Typical sands can cause impactions, especially in young animals. And calcisand despite being touted as safe can cause alkalosis and ultimately impaction. I've also seen calci-sand cake in eyes and around cloacas since it features "clumping" for easier clean-up.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
i'll post pictures of my enclosure, i redid it made a pretty cool cave, false walls, and everything. i'll post them tomorrow

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Hmm where are these pictures of the remodeled enclosure?! ;)

Crazybirds

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
They are really neat lizards! I love my babies!! This was my temporary tank for my first Leopard Peaches. She is now in a 30 gallon long.

Attachments

• Peaches Leopard Gecko 010.JPG
    Peaches Leopard Gecko 010.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.