Leopard hatchlings (now "My New Torts!")

TheLastGreen

Location (City and/or State)
Johannesburg
They appatently come from Richardsbay, so the range is, natalensis, spekii, b zombensis? But I'm not sure?

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM

I don't know enough about Kinixys to hazard a confident guess. They look similar enough to the few pictures of K lobatsiana adults I looked up (as mentioned by Mark), but the range does not fit, as you mentioned. Lobatsiana are from farther west. That might not mean anything tough, if the seller is selling WC tortoises from many locations. I think you need a Kinixys expert like J Thompson.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Ok I have contacted him, do you guys perhaps know why a tortoise would stretch out its neck, almost cough slightly and then push its head back into its shell?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Aha! Just as I was about to suggest, zombensis. It is the little Mercedes "stars" that I've seen on other young zombies shells that made me suspect.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
20211001_150933.jpg
A little update, both doing well, warming up and exploring, they sleep a lot. Both woke up today and started being active after soak. They are shy for food. They don't really seem intrested in it?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
Would you be interested in joining the Hingeback forums on facebook? Kinixys Keepers or Hingeback Tortoise Group? Also Jeremy Thompson has zombensis and maybe could help you with feeding them.