Leopard Tortoise For Adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

prettyremarks

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
TX
Hi all -

As much as it breaks my heart, I need to find Speed Bump a new home.

In the last couple of days, I've had some personal issues, including some health problems, and a really good opportunity arise for my education in the very near future, that leaves me a bit uncertain as to how well I will be able to provide adequate care due to traveling and an overall busy schedule that I didn't anticipate having. I've become absolutely smitten with this little tortoise, so to know that she will be going to a good home, preferably with someone who has experience raising tortoises, and who can provide an adequate set up for her, is very important to me.

According to the breeder I purchased her from, he's anticipating that she will eventually be female due to setting the incubator for her clutch a certain way. (I'm unsure how accurate this is, however.) She's approximately 3-4 months old now. I roughly estimate her to be at about 3-3 1/2" long right now, not sure on a weight. She's been eating very well for me and is quite friendly and active.

I'm located about 20 mins. north of Huntsville, TX. I can meet anyone in The Woodlands, Conroe, Bryan/College Station, Hearne, or Corsicana area, as halfway points. (Or if you're closer, that's great.) I would prefer not to ship, as I have no experience with such and don't feel comfortable doing it.

I'll also have my little set up available for sale, which includes a 24" x 18" x 12" Exo Terra vivarium, a 50w CHE, 100w CHE, and a 100w Powersun MVB, should anyone be interested. (Domes on the MVB and CHEs are included.) All items are new within the last 3 weeks and have been working just fine.

Please PM if interested or if you have any questions.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
We have got quite a few members in TX, finding one of them should not be a problem.

Ripkabird98

5 Year Member
jtrux said:
Like me! Lol

I follow her blog! Wanted her from day one. Would you use shipmyreptiles? Pm me more info like adoption fee and such?

prettyremarks

5 Year Member
TX
I failed to note that I'm asking a $50 adoption fee and I do have a load of questions to "screen" potential adopters with. :)

prettyremarks

5 Year Member
TX
This can be closed. I am fortunate enough to have a great friend of the family with reptile experience who has offered to take Speed Bump if I feel it's necessary for her to "babysit" should things get too busy for me. :). Thank you so much to those who responded and gave me kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.