BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bodfish
My only real question is are you more concerned with pyramiding or the tortoise living? If you do what the people on this forum say your tortoise will have a chance. If you want to listen to the other “research” then just know that many of the people here have done years of research and they are only telling you what to do, to help you. They get nothing out of this. Whatever you choose I only wish you good luck with your baby.

bluewolf

Melbourne Florida
There's quite a bit of difference between raising redfooted babies and raising leopard babies.

Yes that is true and my friend and I got baby tortoises within a day of each other but different species. Her baby Sucata started getting sick with eye discharge and open mouth breathing. In just one day he had gone from a friendly active guy to lethargic. So when we took him to the vet she said he needed the temp to be really hot like 90-100. She also said my red footed was a far different matter and ok at 80-85

Vet was pretty good and ‘polly’ was getting better the next day once friend amped up the heat. Still not out of the woods with the cold snap here but doing much better. But when both of us say we are having trouble getting and keeping the temp up that means something far more serious to baby Sucata

bluewolf

Melbourne Florida
So I got the call of desperation from Polly the baby Sucata mom this morning. She wanted my help and is scared but I know next to nothing as we are 3 week old tort moms.

we are here in Melboune Fl and she says she will come on line. So Tom or any experts here please help her. She is kris

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So I got the call of desperation from Polly the baby Sucata mom this morning. She wanted my help and is scared but I know next to nothing as we are 3 week old tort moms.

we are here in Melboune Fl and she says she will come on line. So Tom or any experts here please help her. She is kris
We're very happy to try to help Kris, but this thread is about sethlocker's baby leopard tortoise. When we see Kris's thread about her sulcata baby, we'll get right on it! ;)

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
Board-certified veterinarians who also raise leopard tortoises do, but I am not here to argue. I understand geographical area not representing the environment inside his enclosure. However, my house is most definitely more humid than a house in New Mexico. I have 4 digital thermometers at my tortoises height that give me my temperature and humidity readings.
Seth you say you do not want to argue but want to believe your scientific study. I have owned my Sulcata for 8 months. He is healthy and has no pyramiding using TFO guidelines. These people are very experienced and successful breeders as well as tort lovers. I hope you will stay and learn how to be successful. Or just listen to your own advice.