Leopard tortoise/ red foot enclosure

huntevans20

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas CIty
Okay guys I’m back for the last time for a while (hopefully).

based on my last posts it’s obvious I’m a beginner in the tortoise world.

I have set removed my sulcata from the enclosure with the leopard tortoise and set him up in an enclosure given to me by a friend. No questions with that one. Everything good there.

Now, I have my leopard tortoise set up in a tortoise table that i have covered the opening with foil to make it a closed chamber. It has cypress mulch, some plants in a corner for cover, as well as some sphagnum moss for humidity. He has a large hide that is heated as well as a humid hide. I have a 50 watt basking bulb that has the basking temp at about 95 degrees. Give it take a couple degrees. The humidity has been between 70-80. It drops when i am away for a while. I was wondering if there’s anything i need to change or fix in order to make this enclosure better.

I also have a red foot in a similar enclosure. Almost exactly the same.

If you could give me some pointers or some advice on what to tweak or change that would be great. Sadly i relied on bad recourses to get me interested and take advice from when i found my passion for tortoises. I appreciate the help in advance.

42C66153-0556-4858-A145-AF84F3E1F7EB.jpeg

Erik Elvis

Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
I can just tell you how my redfoot enclosure is set up. On the cool side I have a bunch of fake leaves hanging to provide some sort of comfort. On the hot side I have. 5% Arcadia build and 100watt flood type bulb for heat. There’s also 2 radiant heat panels for supplemental heat. He’s in a closed chamber.