Leopard Tortoise Sick?

AlexandrosP

Location (City and/or State)
Limassol
Those temperatures are much too cold for a leopard. It shouldn't drop below 26-27 anywhere in the enclosure, and the whole thing should warm up to around 30 each day. Your basking temp is pretty close, and it will be perfect if the rest of the enclosure isn't so cold.

Dryness is not an issue for a large tortoise like yours, but cold certainly is. A warm soak two or tree times a week will keep the tortoise hydrated, but you've got to get the temperatures up and get rid of the red bulb.

Its all explained here:
Thank you

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I'm late to the party here, but I agree with what the others have posted.

I thought the same thing as Yvonne...she could have something stuck. She could have a hay stem stuck somewhere in her throat.

And she is a beauty!

AlexandrosP

Limassol
Changed Her whole indoor enclosure, changed the substrate to coco coir and bark, took measurements and put glass on top of it to keep the heat from the lamps. Also took her to the vet she had an Xray, anti-parasetic and antibiotic and i take her there daily for antibiotic she has clear eyes, nose and she's very active + eating she also quit making those loud noises. She's getting better.
She had a parasites which weakened her immunity system and she became more vulnerable to cold (that's what the Vet said). It was respiratory.

harrythetortoise

Virginia
Changed Her whole indoor enclosure, changed the substrate to coco coir and bark, took measurements and put glass on top of it to keep the heat from the lamps. Also took her to the vet she had an Xray, anti-parasetic and antibiotic and i take her there daily for antibiotic she has clear eyes, nose and she's very active + eating she also quit making those loud noises. She's getting better.
She had a parasites which weakened her immunity system and she became more vulnerable to cold (that's what the Vet said). It was respiratory.
Thank you for the updates! Very glad to hear she is recovering? Good job!