leopard tortoise sickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

kreantianz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
hey i have a 10cm leopard tortoise..i just bought it 2 weeks ago..when it came..that leopard tortoise is look streesed..he keeps his eyes closed.and don,t move a alot..in first day i soak it..and sun bathed it..after 2 days it began to gain his health..eats and move a bit..but i began to realise that my tortoise have a weird sign..sometimes his eyes is closed and won,t open.(it open a while after i scrub it gently with warm water).
and from what i saw.he is seem hard to bite his food..are a leopard tortoise hard to bite his food?
and i just realise that after i bath my tortoise..it got white stuff in his eyes..
i read a "hatcling failrue syndrome"
and i am thingking maybe my tortoise got that syndrome..can anyone help me and tell me how to cure my tortoise?

kreantianz

5 Year Member
Indonesia
hey i have a 10cm leopard tortoise..i just bought it 2 weeks ago..when it came..that leopard tortoise is look streesed..he keeps his eyes closed.and don,t move a alot..in first day i soak it..and sun bathed it..after 2 days it began to gain his health..eats and move a bit..but i began to realise that my tortoise have a weird sign..sometimes his eyes is closed and won,t open.(it open a while after i scrub it gently with warm water).
and from what i saw.he is seem hard to bite his food..are a leopard tortoise hard to bite his food?
and i just realise that after i bath my tortoise..it got white stuff in his eyes..
and i am thingking maybe my tortoise got that syndrome..can anyone help me and tell me how to cure my tortoise?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
kreantianz said:

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/newthread.php?fid=87&processed=1#ixzz1mA11YBAe

Giving you a bump up, so hopefully someone can help if you still need it. Hope your baby is okay

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I am a new Leopard baby owner myself and it seems your little one is already in destress. Eye issues can almost always be attributed to lights and lighting. how is your lighting setup? Pictures will help in all forms of help! Please post pics of your tortoise and its setup. Where did you get your Leopard?

BTW Welcome to the Forum!

If anyone can help with your lil'one, we can!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Do you have access to a reptile veterinarian? What type of lighting are you using? What type of heat do you provide? What type of food are you offering?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I posted on 1st post but just in case one gets deleted I'll post my reply on both threads....

I am a new Leopard baby owner myself and it seems your little one is already in destress. Eye issues can almost always be attributed to lights and lighting. how is your lighting setup? Pictures will help in all forms of help! Please post pics of your tortoise and its setup. Where did you get your Leopard?

BTW Welcome to the Forum!

If anyone can help with your lil'one, we can!

Read more: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-leopard-tortoise-sickness#ixzz1mBbThGCK

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello there, Kreantianz:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like for us to call you?

Also, when we know approximately where you are, it helps us design our answers to better fit your questions.

More than likely it is your lighting or substrate that is causing your baby's distress. What kind of light are you using? And what kind of substrate? Do you moisten the substrate?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It could be a lot of things, but it sounds like a vet visit would be the best thing right now.

Would you mind sharing some of the specifics of the set up you have him and and your husbandry?

Hallbomber

5 Year Member
Southern California
I gave mine antibiotic eye drops from vet because her eyes were slight infected and closed a lot. She also had difficulty opening them. But after about a week of drops she was fine.

kreantianz

5 Year Member
Indonesia
hey.i would like to be call albert.i am live in indonesia..
i think my tortoise is sick,for the eyes.the one which closed is only left eyes..i think it maybe because some white liquid stuff..this morning when i bask my pardalis..he already clean it,but i help to get rid of that white "kind of liquid when it touched water"...and i just wondering..why my pardalis "****" is yellow and watery..is it because he sick or something elsE?
for ligtning i just use normal spotlamp 40watt..and the cage is a box..i only use lightning at night...and i always sunbath my tortoise evry morning...
@hallbomber
what kind of antibiotic eys drops is it?did it had a difficulty to opening them because some "white stuff"?
i am not sure is there any vet that specialized in tortoise in my city...

Status
Not open for further replies.