Leopard tortoises in the UK!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi. I didn’t have this as part of my query but I will answer back to your question as a member here in Canada. We do here have to go thru the vet and the food and drug admin. And getting ur cites cert involves having your breeder papers state this animal isn’t from the wild but was bred in captivity. We are going thru the appropriate channels and to be frank, all animals going into the uk have quite a lot of hoops to jump thru. So the tortoises are simply different hoops. Please know we do not think it is ‘easy’ with any of our pets. We are fortunate to be in the financial situation to be able to do it and have the time and resources for forms etc. Thank you for your help with my original question which is actually my concern and why I polled this group looking for leopards in the UK.
I understand and read your original question. As is often the case, when a person asks one question, it leads to other questions. As I stated previously, many people come here asking about international movement of their pet tortoises. We seldom hear from anyone after to the fact about whether or not they were successful. I am simply requesting that you come back after the fact and let us know how it all went for you, as that info can help lots of other people who are also moving from country to country.

Shaunessey

Victoria BC
I understand and read your original question. As is often the case, when a person asks one question, it leads to other questions. As I stated previously, many people come here asking about international movement of their pet tortoises. We seldom hear from anyone after to the fact about whether or not they were successful. I am simply requesting that you come back after the fact and let us know how it all went for you, as that info can help lots of other people who are also moving from country to country.
I will try and remember ;-). We aren’t moving for a while tho so probably won’t have an answer for you for about 8 months.

Shaunessey

Victoria BC
Hi. I m new to this forum and I’m sure not posting this directly but we have a one year old leopard tortoise and are moving to the UK from western Canada. Wondered if there are any leopard owners on here in Uk and how do u manage to keep your tortoise inside and outside? Habitats etc.

Much appreciated!
Update to this post. Some people had asked about moving from Canada to the UK with a tortoise and it is possible. Contact a company called IAGPets and you will need dimensions of the crate. They send you very concise requirement. Then contact these people: export/import permit
Hi. I m new to this forum and I’m sure not posting this directly but we have a one year old leopard tortoise and are moving to the UK from western Canada. Wondered if there are any leopard owners on here in Uk and how do u manage to keep your tortoise inside and outside? Habitats etc.

Much appreciated!
update to moving our two torts to London!

We have successfully booked them with IAGPets and so I’d suggest to contact them as they ship from us and from Canada to London. Google and send request. They give detailed info for packing etc. next contact this person [email protected].

They will give you the appropriate export/import form and as someone who is both the sender and the receiver, I have to fill out both. Spoke to them personally and they do it often. To ‘Tom,’ who said it had nothing to do with vets or CITES etc, incorrect. I have to have my captive bred doc and my vet bill of health. That is it for here so good luck to anyone trying to do the same. It isn’t daunting like people had assumed. The cargo shipping is an arm of British airways. And the animals are taken very good care of as I can attest as I have shipped a horse and two dogs with them. Cheers S