Leopard Tortoises (S.p.b) Direct From The Breeder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I have 10 young leopard tortoises available for sale. $200 shipped ea. Additional tortoises will be an additional $125, three maximum. Please contact me if you are interested in the whole group or if you are able to do a local pick up. I am in AZ and would be willing to meet in the Mesa area.All 10 have hatched between 4/9/14 and 4/30/13.

LeopardGroup_zpsde4359da.jpg

Here's an example of one of our smoothest specimens in the group.

4b_zps8a54bf3b.jpg

Dam:

Dam_zps6245eba8.jpg

Big beautiful girl. Approximately 17 inches and still young at 8 years old.

Sire:

Sire_zps150db528.jpg

Big for a male at approximately 13 inches. Dark carapace, highly aggressive and one of the most personable tortoises I have seen.

Feeding: All of them eat well and are regularly fed a varied diet which includes primarily leaves (mulberry, hibiscus, grape), weeds (various and sundry), grass (Bermuda primarily, orchard, timothy), greens (spring mix, collard, mustard), several different types of opuntia, and mazuri. I feed them twice daily, and they graze throughout the day on the growing foods in their enclosures. I supplement with calcium and Rapashy Superveggie at least twice a week.

General Husbandry: I have raised these tortoises in seed beds which have been heavily planted with various seed mixtures purchased from TortoiseSupply.com. Their enclosure is maintained at temperatures between 75f during nighttime and 95f - 100f during the day. Humidity ranges from 60% - 80%. They receive an hour outdoor time every three or four days where the temperatures are maintained around 90f - 100f and humidity between 15% - 50%. Fresh drinkable water is provided in their enclosures and they are soaked daily for approximately 15 minutes.

Other Notes:
This a very active and apparently health group of tortoises. I have hand raised these for the past three months and can assure you that they have received the utmost in care and husbandry. I have raised the dam from a very young age and the sire has been with me for several years. Neither have ever had any health issues and are maintained outdoors in Arizona all year long, are provided plenty of good fresh food, and are regularly examined by myself and a well respected veterinarian. I hold a lot respect this hobby take a lot of pride in how I care for my tortoises, and it shows in the quality of these hatchlings.

Contact: The best way to get a hold of me is a phone call or text message. (480) five one zero - seven eight one three. PM's and emails usually take me longer to reply to, but feel free to use those methods as well. Email: neal(at)grandcanyonstatetortoises(dot)com. I am active on the internet forums and have many friends in the industry. Please feel free to do as much research you feel necessary to determine my credibility.

Payment: Paypal only, even for local pick up.

Shipping: Shipping will be next day FedEx through shipyourreptiles.com. I am able to ship Monday or Tuesday (7/21/14 - 7/22/14). After that I am not available to ship until 7/28/14 and will only ship Mondays - Thursdays.

Terms: It is your responsibility to ensure that you are prepared for the commitment of caring for a young live tortoise. Please have your enclosure ready before making your purchase, and please perform as much research as you deem appropriate if this is your first tortoise.

I offer a live arrival guarantee provided a live person is available to accept the package when the tortoises are delivered. In the event that a tortoise should arrive deceased I would at minimum require a picture showing the carapace and front of the deceased tortoise sent to me by 5p.m. AZ time on the delivery date as well as a detailed description of the handling of the package from the time it was received by you and the time you contacted me. I offer a 5 day money back guarantee for any reason wherein I will pay the cost of shipping the animal back to me. I stand behind every animal I sell, and will offer money back after any period of time, provided the return of the tortoise is under reasonable circumstances as determined by me and is in relatively good health. After the five day period, I will not pay for the cost of the return shipment. These tortoises are offered for academic and educational purposes only. I reserve the right to contact you after receiving the tortoise and inquire about the tortoise and the care it is receiving by you, which will be used for my own education and potentially the education of others. I enjoy talking tortoises and will make myself reasonably available for any questions or conversations, but please respect that I have a very full life and it may take time for me to respond to questions. That being said, if you are dissatisfied for any reason or would like to make any suggestions please call and speak to me. I'm a nice guy and I am willing to do whatever I can, within reason, to ensure your happy with your tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.