LEPRACUTTAS IN THE FLESH

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Yup in the flesh ….the Lepracutta siblings. At almost 2 years old these two are growing big. Starting life at a mere 30 grams , now up into the poundage range. Silly ( the lighter one ) has more tell tell signs of the Sullie in growth rate, carapace shape, leg and head shapes as well as scaling and also the one with the most personality. “ Billy” ( darker one) ….more Leo attributes , and a little more on the shy side. Both have and still going through some amazing transitions. Great torts to have within my collection , and LQQKERS to boot!

THIS IS NOT SHARED TO START A DEBATE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT (HYBRIDS) CLOSE THE PAGE- *PLEASE*
2Lep.jpg

Hy9-2012e.jpg
HYBLT.jpg
HYBLTa.jpg
HYBLTf.jpg
HYBLTe.jpg
HYBLTc.jpg
HYBDRK.jpg
HYBDRKb.jpg
HYBDRKd.jpg
HYBDRKf.jpg
Hy9-2012i.jpg
Hy9-2012h.jpg

JD~:)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
My question will be, how big is oldest lepracutta known in captivity?
Do they inherit burrowing gen?

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
They do have wonderful patterns. more like a sulcata, but with the leopard pattern almost hidden in the background.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They are beautiful. Interesting how the one has more of a sully face and the other more Leo face.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
They are beautiful. Interesting how the one has more of a sully face and the other more Leo face.

Barb ….yes one of the most different characteristics’ I notice right off the bat when viewing them side by side . Also front legs look different as well as their rear end~ :p ( the darker one has more of a Leo butt…while the other a Sullie “tush”. :rolleyes:

Yellow Turtle said:
My question will be, how big is oldest lepracutta known in captivity?
Do they inherit burrowing gen?

I would guestamate around 7-10 years as far as age....... the size ? I do know someone who has a subadult probably around 30 pounds. I saw the first ones in person in SO CAL 2006. As of now, really no digging to any degree other than the norm of " snuggling down" .

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
GeoTerraTestudo said:
Very interesting to see how they're growing, JD. Thanks! :)

^5 Geo....:)

DrewsLife727
RE: LEPRACUTTAS IN THE FLESH
That's awesome JD!

Thanks buddy .....they are a kick in the pants with TOns of personality
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.