Let me introduce Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveP

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Hello, This is Flash. He is 12 weeks old and the newest addition to our family. I call him a he until I know otherwise. :)

IMG_1961.jpg

SteveP

5 Year Member
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Here is his 30 gal tank for now. The pet store we got him from said he had to be in the alfalfa pellets for 30 days. I would like to go more natural substrate and setting. That will come soon. He gets plenty of bath/soak time during the day. The food dish is empty as usual :) He eats like a monster.

IMG_0934.jpg

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
SteveP said:
Hello, This is Flash. He is 12 weeks old and the newest addition to our family. I call him a he until I know otherwise. :)

Great name! Flash is adorable. Welcome to the forum.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
He does NOT need to be on pellets, ever. You will get lots of help here from experienced keepers and links to threads that will help you but in general you should look around here on the forum and get some ideas from other people's enclosure pictures and think about humidity, hides, substrate, lighting and heat.

here's a commonly recommended thread for owners of younger sulcatas to take a look at

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-To-Raise-Sulcata-Hatchlings-and-Babies#axzz1a2zy6CSJ

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
He looks good, but I would not wait 30 days to get him off the pellets. There is some many better things to use, even plain dirt is better than the pellets.

SteveP

5 Year Member
Royal Palm Beach, FL
The 30 days with the pellets was for a "warranty" on him. Plus I think my wife is allergic to it. More natural surroundings will be coming soon.

I have seen a lot of great info here so far and im just getting started!!

Status
Not open for further replies.