Let See Some RedFoots

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK Sheffield
Anyfoot the "Black-Cherry" usually showed up about 20% of the time.. with varying degrees of "no-red".

Yes ... these came from my Brazilian pair -

I called this one "Cinnamon" ... sure wish I had kept him...

Are you incubating these in the norm way, or are you totally burying then.

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
HEM2.jpeg

"Can I help you with something"?

He is such a goofball, he goes through and eats all of the Mazuri, then the fruit, then the greens.......

Thanks to everyone on TFO, I think we have definitely stopped the pyramiding. His new growth is nice and smooth, most of the scutes are leveling out.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
View attachment 164155

He is such a goofball, he goes through and eats all of the Mazuri, then the fruit, then the greens.......

Thanks to everyone on TFO, I think we have definitely stopped the pyramiding. His new growth is nice and smooth, most of the scutes are leveling out.
If mine ever leave the greens, they only get greens the following day. Not very often they leave them though, well not weeds anyway.

You have a bigger problem than that. She's too young to lay eggs. Lol. :D

TerrapinStation

Detroit, Michigan
Haha mutant orange eggs at that!

Everything will get eaten, but he does take it in "courses" he noses through and gets every last mazuri before he starts on the fruit, then the greens get eaten last...... just like a little kid

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Haha mutant orange eggs at that!

Everything will get eaten, but he does take it in "courses" he noses through and gets every last mazuri before he starts on the fruit, then the greens get eaten last...... just like a little kid
Make sure he's not hiding the greens under his plate ;):D.

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
View attachment 164155

Mine eats in order too. Mazuri, fruit, greens. Long lost brothers perhaps...

So cute, it definitely looks like the growth between the scutes is coming in at a different angle. All my photos of Bean are humorous and don't showcase his stunning good looks, maybe he's due for a photoshoot. But isn't the feeling of seeing smooth new growth great?!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Thank you, we have humidity correct but his heat is real high and we are trying to figure it out
If you don't have thermostat please watch your temps closely and perhaps adjust by lowering the bulb wattage. Meanwhile, be sure your baby doesn't overheat, so keep things humid for her, fresh water bowl and daily soaking to keep her hydrated

THEELEG

Houston, TX
If you don't have thermostat please watch your temps closely and perhaps adjust by lowering the bulb wattage. Meanwhile, be sure your baby doesn't overheat, so keep things humid for her, fresh water bowl and daily soaking to keep her hydrated
I have a thermostat for humidity and temp, with water dish and hiding spot, we also own a sulcata. I don't know If I should raise it higher or not (the bulb)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Our newest addition approved of the salad bar. "Her" name was Charmeleon, but we are calling HIM Chuck or Charlie and seeing what fits.

Squirtle has been too shy for photos so far. 1461205890549.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
Thank you, we have humidity correct but his heat is real high and we are trying to figure it out
I'm raising 2 smooth/healthy babies in 40 gal tank without a thermo/hygrostat but I have several thermo/hygrometers including one with probes, so at any given time I have a very good idea of what my temps/humidity are in there. My lamps are at 12 inches above substrate. I will also have to make a trip to petstore today to get lower wattage heat emitter as our weather has gotten much warmer and I'm seeing huge difference in what I have to use to keep constant temps in there. For me it's little easier now as my outdoor enclosure is almost ready and babies will be evicted from the tank during a day, coming back only at sunset to turn in for the night. With your thermostat and all the gauges pay attention to where you place your probes. They need to be at the substrate level where your torts spend all of their time