Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Hey guys, I came in here because I had some questions I wanted to ask about my sulcata. Everybody has answered all of my questions and it is amazing! Anyways, I also wanted to make some friends and share stories. I love talking about my baby 2 month old sulcata tortoise, but sometimes my friends get a little annoyed. On this chat, everybody can express all of the funny and cute things their sulcata does. Nobody can judge, or be mean. This is just to talk and make friends! If you want to, you can follow me and we could share stories individually, or on here! Enjoy ☺️

Reactions: Ink

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi! I'm Yvonne. What do we call you? I don't have a sulcata at this time, but years ago I took in a male sulcata, Dudley. He was about 35 pounds. He had a fenced yard out front with a nice big bush he liked to sit under. He grazed on bermuda grass and weeds and I occasionally cut a big branch off the mulberry tree for him to eat. I used the lid from a garbage dumpster for water. You can do a search for "Dudley's rebuild" to see his heated shed.

Dudley lived here for many years and I truly enjoyed interacting with him but the time came when I had to find a new home for him. There was an ongoing road project in front of my house that caused me to have to move Dudley to the backyard. This new-to-him space was not big enough and he let me know it by tearing down the 6' redwood fence. Every day I'd go find him someplace on the property and put him back but the next day there was more broken fence and he would be out again.

I should mention that he weighed over a hundred twenty pounds at this time and I'm 84 years old. And he didn't just pop the pickets off the fence he actually broke and splintered the boards. So, since the street project still had a year or more to go, I had to find a new home for him.

But there are many other turtles and tortoises here to keep me occupied. You can see what I have by clicking on my signature.

Nice to meet you. You're in good company here.

Oklahoma
Hi! I'm Yvonne. What do we call you? I don't have a sulcata at this time, but years ago I took in a male sulcata, Dudley. He was about 35 pounds. He had a fenced yard out front with a nice big bush he liked to sit under. He grazed on bermuda grass and weeds and I occasionally cut a big branch off the mulberry tree for him to eat. I used the lid from a garbage dumpster for water. You can do a search for "Dudley's rebuild" to see his heated shed.

Dudley lived here for many years and I truly enjoyed interacting with him but the time came when I had to find a new home for him. There was an ongoing road project in front of my house that caused me to have to move Dudley to the backyard. This new-to-him space was not big enough and he let me know it by tearing down the 6' redwood fence. Every day I'd go find him someplace on the property and put him back but the next day there was more broken fence and he would be out again.

I should mention that he weighed over a hundred twenty pounds at this time and I'm 84 years old. And he didn't just pop the pickets off the fence he actually broke and splintered the boards. So, since the street project still had a year or more to go, I had to find a new home for him.

But there are many other turtles and tortoises here to keep me occupied. You can see what I have by clicking on my signature.

Nice to meet you. You're in good company here.

Oklahoma
I am so sorry that happened, that is so sad. You can call me Rosie, because I do not want to put out my whole name. I am so glad that you can still enjoy all of the tortoises on here, and I am sorry that you had to give yours up. My tortoise is just a baby, and already likes trying to figure out how to escape his cage. There is no way possible he could, but he just keeps trying! Again, I am so sorry to hear about your beloved pet. Nice to meet you too!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. I have a leopard tortoise, Eastern Hermann and a desert box turtle.

Oklahoma
I just walked in to my bedroom when I got home, and my tortoise was sound asleep under the heat lamp! It was so cute, and didn’t want me to wake it up.

Reactions: Ink