LETS THANK OUR FAVORITE TFO MEMBERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alben909

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yuciapa,CA
I was thinking about this today and I'm sure some of you guy's out there are too, we have so many great TFO members on this site. Thanks to all of you guys out there, my knowledge on torts has skyrocketed since I have been a member on here. I think its about time that we thank not only Josh but everyone on TFO for working hard to help as many torts as we can. But I want to shout out to one person who I can always count on. Emysemys. Thanks for everything. If you have that one member that has always helped you, post it here and hopefully they read it. POWER TO THE :tort:'s

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Wow, what an awesome thread, I have made a few friends on here.. But, I want to really think this through and give it some major insight and not just throw some names out there. I will get back to you on this one. But, I wanted to applaud this great thread.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
Great job by everyone on here! Special shout out to Jackrat, Tom, and Yvonne. 2 years ago when I got my first redfoot, I had no clue how to care for her. Now 5 redfoots and 1 sulcata later, my torts are thriving! Kudos to them and the rest of the staff at TFO, and the great members on here for all the help and info I've received from them. Thanks y'all!

RonHays said:
Great job by everyone on here! Special shout out to Jackrat, Tom, and Yvonne. 2 years ago when I got my first redfoot, I had no clue how to care for her. Now 5 redfoots and 1 sulcata later, my torts are thriving! Kudos to them and the rest of the staff at TFO, and the great members on here for all the help and info I've received from them. Thanks y'all!

Oh and another shout out to Austin@ Arizona Sulcata! Thanks for everything! :)

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Vishnu2 said:
Wow, what an awesome thread, I have made a few friends on here.. But, I want to really think this through and give it some major insight and not just throw some names out there. I will get back to you on this one. But, I wanted to applaud this great thread.

After reviewing a few emails and threads I have my thank you list of people that have really shined some light on my fears, anxiety, and over all questions. I should give thanks to: TortieLuver who I can email anytime, CLMoss who I can call anytime of the day with questions or fears or email. Neal who I view as simply a genius (I hope he doesn't review this) and GeoTerraTestudo who I don't talk to much at all but his words of wisdom always seem to reach me. Thank you guys. I appreciate all that you say and all of your knowledge. Hopefully, there are times in the future that I can TEACH you a few things!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I appreciate the thought. I really APPRECIATE the thought, and thank you very much. However, it takes a village, and all of us here on the forum spark an idea or thought that makes us share with you. We, none of us, could do it without everyone on here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We have had other threads similar. But doesn't hurt to say it again. Thank you everyone. My knowledge keeps expanding every day because of the members, and Josh and his fantastic forum. There are many I could thank for their help and suggestions and one special one for sharing his pictures of his fantastic tortoises, of course Greg, Aldabraman. But the one that I have bugged the most for help,
encouragement and advice and the one that has helped me the most in getting Tatum on track to growing smooth and the one I have the utmost respect for is, can you guess:D, that's right Tom. I have said it many times and I will say it again. Thank you Tom for all the help you have given me personally and for the sharing of your knowledge and experiments to this forum. :)

Kerry1976

10 Year Member!
West Central Illinois, USA
I am a newbie here and want to thank all of you. I have learned so much here....good tips and tricks, DIY ideas, etc. I hope to use what I have learned here to make Ivan a happier and healthier tortoise.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I always get a little unnerved by these type of threads, some people are gonna more than likely be hurt if you don't mention them.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
dmmj said:
I always get a little unnerved by these type of threads, some people are gonna more than likely be hurt if you don't mention them.

I would like to think that everyone on here feels appreciated and thanked. Even though I didn't name every single person because my fingers would simply fall off, I have mentioned my thanks numerous times. (See What do you look thread) I try to thank every person for helping me. I am sorry if someone's feelings gets hurts. I thank you Dmmj all the time, but I don't think you "catch it". :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
dmmj said:

I would think that everyone would understand that everyone helps. Like emysemys stated. But there might be that one that you have sent pm's too, often or emails, etc. I was hesitant too, but, when I thought about it, I figured we all would understand there maybe communications with these certain people that is beyond posting in open threads. So if you have that special someone, feel free to let them know.:D

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
Vishnu2 said:
dmmj said:

I would like to think that everyone on here feels appreciated and thanked. Even though I didn't name every single person because my fingers would simply fall off, I have mentioned my thanks numerous times. (See What do you look thread) I try to thank every person for helping me. I am sorry if someone's feelings gets hurts. I thank you Dmmj all the time, but I don't think you "catch it". :D
Well put. Of course I don't want anyones feelings to get hurt, I just want to thank TFO members for what they do for all of us.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Thank you to everyone :) This is a great Forum :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
We've had similar things like this before and inevitably people's feelings get hurt for whatever reason. Like when we had our positive/negative comment section, so people could give someone a positive or negative rating for their favorite members, feelings tend to get hurt. That's all I am saying, it got pretty bad there towards the end, that is one reason why it was removed.
The words I was looking for was reputation points. Anyone remember those? LOL

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
dmmj said:
We've had similar things like this before and inevitably people's feelings get hurt for whatever reason. Like when we had our positive/negative comment section, so people could give someone a positive or negative rating for their favorite members, feelings tend to get hurt. That's all I am saying, it got pretty bad there towards the end, that is one reason why it was removed.

This is a positive thread. :D

alben909

5 Year Member
Yuciapa,CA
Yes my intentions were for it to be a positive thread. But if it turns negative, by all means, remove it

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
dmmj said:

Oh, I didn't know this. I either missed it, forgot about it or it was before my time. Hopefully, this will stay positive with no hurt feelings.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:

Unfortunately I do remember those reputation points and the hurt feelings caused by them. I know this thread is suppose to be a positive thing, but it's kinda like a thread on politics, religion and a host of others, it creates hard feelings. One reason I try to say my thanks in private rather then on an open thread. Plus you always forget to mention somebody (or atleast I do).

badkitty

10 Year Member!
Cecilia, Kentucky
Yes thank you to everyone who has given me some much needed advice, my babies are doing great!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This forum really is the sum of many parts. It is a very unique and special place and I appreciate everyone who makes it that way. Thanks to everyone who contributes and participates, and of course without Josh, there would be no forum, so special thanks to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.