Lets try this again. Wobbly CDT's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern CA
Hmm that's odd. My CDT's sometimes do that right when they've woken up. How long have they been out of hibernation? and has she done all the usual things? warm soak, varied diet, lots of sunshine. I'd think it'll wear off. Hmm

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
No this is new video as of 8-16... I know they live outdoors but from what I heard she brings them in the house when its hot. If I can get her number today im going to ask about overall care.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
I have 4 little cdt's and none of them walk that that. Mine are almost 1 year old. Same questions as everyone else, what is their diet, outdoor time, MVB?, calcium, water availability, humidity.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hmm... I've seen something similar when they first come out of hibernation. My tegus do that too but it goes away after a few days of being warm. My second guess would be calcium deficiency. Animals can start to lose muscle control and develop twitches when the blood calcium levels get too low. I've seen iguanas and beardies with MBD do that. What have they been eating? Is it possible they found a whole lot of oxalis and the owner thinks its clover? I made that mistake for a while. Do they eat a lot of spinach or other high oxalate foods that might be binding up all the dietary calcium?

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
I talked to the owner so I could answer some questions.
They get a huge variety of greens and flowers. The owner does know about weeds with oxalis and she pull them from the yard often. They have standing water in their pen and actually have to walk through it to get to where they sleep.
They are getting calcium supplements with the greens...
Who knows... Also they were both x-rayed and show no signs of MBD ...

Status
Not open for further replies.